Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet reports third QTR earnings...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BigHangar said:
Not totally true. XJT recently voluntarily started paying for a portion of every gallon of fuel. This is another reason for the slight reduction of year-over-year decrease in profit.

Not totally true either, as per the CPA XJT pays something like 60 cents per gallon. I don't have the CPA with me and don't remember the numbers right, but it's not a voluntary action.

gkrangers said:
And Congrats to Jeremy for passing training...hes now officially sitting reserve as an FO.

Who's Jeremy? Was that your instructor? I thought he was going to PSA or ASA?

i believe that we are paying some above what the CPA states for the gas. Staying on CALs goodside. Remember do your part to savewhat you can.

Superpilot92 said:
i believe that we are paying some above what the CPA states for the gas. Staying on CALs goodside. Remember do your part to savewhat you can.

The best way to be on their good side is to save fuel. With the CPA we make moremoney if we use more fuel...

CAL should have to pay for Xjet's fuel... They price the product and they dictate where and when the airplanes are flown. XJET doesnt make a dime more or less if the airplane is completely full or if there is no one on it.

I am Just saying to reduce costs if at all possible. Where did you see the CPA want to take a look at it also.

Superpilot92 said:
I am Just saying to reduce costs if at all possible. Where did you see the CPA want to take a look at it also.

A captain I flew with a few months ago had a copy of it, so I spent a 4 day reading it.

flatspin7 said:
CAL should have to pay for Xjet's fuel... They price the product and they dictate where and when the airplanes are flown. XJET doesnt make a dime more or less if the airplane is completely full or if there is no one on it.

It's not a matter of should or should not, just a matter of a contract agreement. CAL could pay for it but then pay XJT less for their services. Or the other way around.

Flechas said:
A captain I flew with a few months ago had a copy of it, so I spent a 4 day reading it.

I highly doubt you or your captain had a copy of the CPA. It is a confidential corporate document that is not public in any way, shape, or form. What you most likely were reading was a public SEC filing like a 10K or 10Q that explains certain aspects of the CPA...but it isn't the actual CPA.

-Neal

The rates were adjusted to reflect a new target operating margin of 10% (brought the cap down significantly) and that is the reason for the lower profit despite higher capacity and block hours. This was forecast and expected. Our fuel provision with CAL has not changed. However, it is in our best interests to tighten our fuel usage as much as possible obviously...as that is a cost passed through to CAL and will be looked it when other carriers are begging for CAL's business in the near future.

-Neal

Latest resources

Back