• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
May I ask what level of the industry are you? Do you work at an airline or are you hoping to soon?

I'm a CFI. I would like to work for the ASA side of ExpressJet.

Then I would consider rethinking some of your answers. There is a chain of command and the Captain needs to be informed of maintenance discrepancies as he is responsible for maintenance contact, crew deferral if possible, amendment of release with dispatch, etc. Contacting maintenance without his knowledge is not the right answer.

Then I would consider rethinking some of your answers. There is a chain of command and the Captain needs to be informed of maintenance discrepancies as he is responsible for maintenance contact, crew deferral if possible, amendment of release with dispatch, etc. Contacting maintenance without his knowledge is not the right answer.

100% correct!!

That's what I was getting at. As someone at the cfi level I can understand that thinking. Please don't answers questions of those types like that. You may think it makes you sound like a go getter and someone that can think for themselves but the interviewers will not see it that way.

I'm a CFI. I would like to work for the ASA side of ExpressJet.

I recommend going on Amazon and purchasing a couple airline interview books so you can learn how to play the game. There is not one specific right answer for these questions, the interviewer really wants to hear your thought process for arriving to a conclusion.

When formulating your answers, absolutely always follow the rules and regulations, but do not come across as a snitch or someone who bypasses authority.

As far as the Captain saying don't worry about the light bulb, the interviewer is looking for a candidate that can speak up and say hey I'm not comfortable not following the procedures regarding maintenance discrepancies in the FOM, ill be more comfortable if we write it up. It shouldn't take long to resolve as its probably crew deferable, and then we won't have to worry about if a friendly FAA inspector happens to watch us as we taxi away from the gate.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I recommend going on Amazon and purchasing a couple airline interview books so you can learn how to play the game. There is not one specific right answer for these questions, the interviewer really wants to hear your thought process for arriving to a conclusion.

When formulating your answers, absolutely always follow the rules and regulations, but do not come across as a snitch or someone who bypasses authority.

As far as the Captain saying don't worry about the light bulb, the interviewer is looking for a candidate that can speak up and say hey I'm not comfortable not following the procedures regarding maintenance discrepancies in the FOM, ill be more comfortable if we write it up. It shouldn't take long to resolve as its probably crew deferable, and then we won't have to worry about if a friendly FAA inspector happens to watch us as we taxi away from the gate.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Good point. Please please DO NOT use these boards as interview prep. All this is good for is pointing you in the right direction. The rest is up to you. Good luck, and one last piece of advice along the lines Trip7 said, dont have canned answer responses. Think it through, you'll do great.

That's what I was getting at. As someone at the cfi level I can understand that thinking. Please don't answers questions of those types like that. You may think it makes you sound like a go getter and someone that can think for themselves but the interviewers will not see it that way.

The other side is to research this before you interview. NEVER sell out a fellow aviator to an "OPS director" I believe is how that's quoted. There are plenty of ways to handle things, peer to peer. From encouraging to call in sick, to professional substance programs. This industry is probably the smallest group of people you'll ever meet. Many of us forget names, but never forget a face. You've got one shot not to screw upm dont blow it by playing some sort of patron saint.

It was a kneejerk response to a question I misinterpreted as being much further along and I took as other options were gone at that point. I saw it as are you going to allow him to fly under the influence or not?

I'm wouldn't want to be thrown under the bus and I'd certainly not do that to someone else. I perceived the question to be fly with him under the influence or tell someone. I'd view that as a last resort after everything else had failed.

Everyone makes mistakes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back