ExpressJet Pilots Reach Tentative Agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JetLinkin Park said:
Fair enough. BTW, I see you're a check airman (or so your sig mentions). I think I'd be voting yes to if I was making around 70-80 hr. (includes over-ride) and was about to swallow a very large retro check.

As for myself (and a lot of other FO's), I'm pullin down and entire $27/hr @ min. guarantee on reserve. Oh yeah, don't forget my $200 a month in per diem. As for retro, well that 2 + years I spent on the street pretty much answers that one. So what am I getting by voting yes........ not much.

SO MUCH FOR NOT LEAVING FO'S BEHIND.
If you are a second year FO and you are bidding reserve then you are doing so by choice. Every second year FO in this company can at least hold a relief line, even in CLE. Bid a line. Do better. The new rate, $32/hr @ 85 hrs @ 12 months + 6.5% 401K match/B-plan + 7% profit sharing = 37194.91 per year. Quit distorting the facts.

Ace McCoy said:
I just started reading this thread today and boy does it remind me of the (not so) good old days of last January here at Mesaba.

It starts off with the annoucement of the TA and everyone is happy.

"Hooray, I hear it is industry leading!"

This quickly morphs into "Wait a minute maybe it is not so great"

Which then leads to " this thing is going down in flames for sure!! The pay rates sux0r and I'm voting no. 80% will vote NO!"

An ALPA rep gets on and says "wait a minute go to the road shows to hear what we have to say. And remember it is all about the W2."

After the road show the captains (who have more to lose) and those from IAH (Most of our yes votes were from MSP based captains or people who were from MSP) respond, "I'm voting yes this is the best we can do."

The FO's respond "You're sell outs! we need to strike!"

And in the end the road shows convince just enough FO's to vote yes and the thing passes 66-33.

When I first saw Mesaba's TA I thought it was going down 80-20. After a week I thought it was going to be a close no vote. Then once I went to a road show I knew it was all over...it was gonna pass 60-40. The actual number was 66% yes.

It is (hilarious, uncanny, scary sad? Fill in the blank) how Coex is following the same curve we did.

So yes Coex guys and gals, pretty much no matter what this thing will pass. With the exception of Comair all regionals pass the first one. It is super disappointing to some that your next chance won't be for six more years but don't worry the pain goes away after a few months. It's been about 9 months for me and it doesn't hurt (much) anymore.

Good luck y'all
Excellent description of the situation.

One "no" vote here . . .

. . . on principle alone. They can afford much more, we're worth much more. Doubling the pay for all three crewmembers would cost each pax less than $2/leg. We're making as much as SWA at the worst time in the history of the airline industry. Oil is NOT at a record high . . . look at the period from the mid-seventies thru the early eighties, and adjust for inflation. The best-paid pilots in the industry today are paid less than half what their 30-years-prior counterparts were (again, adjust for inflation). Like I said, on principle alone . . . "no". Granted, corporate flying is a whole different animal, but do you guys realize what a FIRST YEAR Captain makes on the Legacy (EMB-135BJ)? $99k/yr, average. Someone, somewhere, someday has to stop the race to the bottom.

TOGA said:
. . . on principle alone. They can afford much more, we're worth much more. Doubling the pay for all three crewmembers would cost each pax less than $2/leg.
TOGA,

There is no truth, hope, or justice in negotiations and you certainly never get what is fair, right, or what you are worth. You only get what you negotiate and what you negotiate is usually a result of whatever relative leverage you have or don't have. To vote no on a philosophical reasoning is fine and it is your choice and your vote, but I strongly urge you to attend a road show presentation if you haven't already.

-Neal

BluDevAv8r said:
TOGA,

There is no truth, hope, or justice in negotiations and you certainly never get what is fair, right, or what you are worth. You only get what you negotiate and what you negotiate is usually a result of whatever relative leverage you have or don't have. To vote no on a philosophical reasoning is fine and it is your choice and your vote, but I strongly urge you to attend a road show presentation if you haven't already.

-Neal
I think everyone grasps this concept. Certainly negotiations cannot go on forever and someday we'll be granted self help. Our leverage can come with patience. I can wait, personally. What's poor as sh1t+11%? Still poor as sh1t. I've got a feeling Ream is itching to wrap this up though, regardless. His impatience (or ultimately the investors) can also be leverage.

Plus, while we wait, we'll be extremely competitive under C97... and I know some people really like to be "competitive."

OK Here's the deal

Anyone who votes no is a fool. The work rules are good the pay is low but what do we have to bargain with? We are in an industry that is very unstable. I know that in any other unionized industry, the first TA is a no vote to gain more leverage. We are not in that position, a no vote would drag this $hit on for another 6 to 8 months and what would we get? I hate to say it but we are in no position to demand anything. Especially when Ornstien is telling mainline he can do it cheaper. Let's take the TA get the 190s' and renegotiate in 4 years. Who knows in 6 months one of the legacys will go away and put us all in a better position. It doesn't matter who gets elected or what ever fuel will decide our fate.

B.D.

Badog, looking at your previous posts you probably haven't been on property for 6 months and yet you're worried about this dragging on for another 6 months? Oh the humanity. :rolleyes:

I say take it and run... Who expects initial FO pay to be high anyway? Nobody. Don't ever expect to make money in this business (especially at the regional ranks) - those days are loooooooooooooong over...

That's right NOVA I'm a new hire

Vote yes and you get your retro check. I'm most definately human, I live on my paycheck. Please wow me with your time spent in purgatory. Were you a multiple seat flow guy? Do you know any? Talk to them they're sick of this. 4 years of negotiations. I'm sick of listening to the posturing. It won't change the industry.

B.D.

Latest resources

Back