Expressjet pay and working conditions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Surplus1,

Nope it was the NMB. I believe their exact words were, "come back to us when the MEC stops smoking dope". Seriously.

ALPA is full on board with us. In fact our lawyer is the head of ALPA legal. So that means he is the DAL, UAL, CAL, AAA, CMR, ASA, EGL, and everyone else's lawyers boss. Yeah, I'd say we are getting the absolute and total support of ALPA.

Frats,
An elected Rep.
(29 days left and counting)

surplus1 said:
What happened? You guys at XJT have been telling us for months that you're going to get $100/ hr as a 5th year captain in the ERJ. Have you changed your minds or does that mean you're only going to fly 45 hours a month now?

Okay, what else on this message board do you take seriously? Don't let a few posts from a very small group of people speak for the whole company. A contract is a very complicated document and the money involved has many facets, not just the pay per hour. Work rules drives a huge amount of the bottom line. For instance, we could probably get $100/hour if we let the company write the rest of the contract themselves with no negotiations. But it's a fact of life that you cannot jump 50% or more in one contract. The company knows that so why would they offer it? And a pilot will always think they're are worth more than he's paid, that seems to be one industry standard that will never change.

Careful what you say about "ALPA being behind you". Being neck-deep in the US/ALG/PDT/PSA quagmire, I have completely lost faith in ALPA, and any dues-paying "express" member should be extremely suspicious.

surplus1 said:
I did notice that it was "take home" pay before I posted. Even if you're in a 50% tax bracket, it still doesn't add up to a hundred bucks and hour, which by the way is nearly 50% more than the current highest rate out there.

It's no big deal really, I was just curious. BF's comment is "revealing", but sounds more like alpa than the NMB. That's not to infer that they're wrong.

Good wishes.

Hey Surplus,

Go reread the post for a 3rd time. TOGA was talking about 5th year FIRST OFFICER pay.

Sam

91 said:
Careful what you say about "ALPA being behind you". Being neck-deep in the US/ALG/PDT/PSA quagmire, I have completely lost faith in ALPA, and any dues-paying "express" member should be extremely suspicious.

It is clear from this post that you don't truly understand how ALPA works.

Sam

Sam Fisher said:
Hey Surplus,

Go reread the post for a 3rd time. TOGA was talking about 5th year FIRST OFFICER pay.

Sam

Sorry Sam,

I do not realize that when he said "take home pay of at least $4500/mo as a fifth-year Captain" that he really meant First Officer. My bad.

Capt. Caucasian said:
Surplus1,

In fact our lawyer is the head of ALPA legal. So that means he is the DAL, UAL, CAL, AAA, CMR, ASA, EGL, and everyone else's lawyers boss.
Frats,
An elected Rep.
(29 days left and counting)

Wow, you mean you got Mr. KC himself, eh? That really makes a big difference Capt. C, now I'm truly impressed. No need to worry about the NMB now, they don't stand a chance!

Looking forward to when he leads you to the promised land.

Good luck and best wishes. With that dude on your side you're sure to raise the bar right off the scale. Mesaba +/

surplus1 said:
Sorry Sam,

I do not realize that when he said "take home pay of at least $4500/mo as a fifth-year Captain" that he really meant First Officer. My bad.

I apologize. I misread what he wrote. You are indeed correct as to what TOGA said. I knew he said FO somewhere...just was talking about $1300/month. I will put my foot in my mouth on this one. Oops.

But for the record, Ken Cooper is not our attorney nor is he the Director of Representation for ALPA.

Sam

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back