Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet or Pinnacle which one and why?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First year pay:

Pinnacle $21
XJet $22

Second year pay:

Pinnacle $24
XJet $32

Per Diem:

Pinnacle $1.40
XJet $1.60

Seems like a no brainer if you add up the better contract extras thrown in at XJet. But someone mentioned how CAL was the best mainline company. I disagree, and at $3 a share, seems Wall Street feels the same. Too many eggs in a Brazilian basket may just bite them in the a$$. But regardless, they're better than Pinnacle.

Waborita said:
If you want to apply to Continental I highly recommend NOT going to XJET. You will NOT get an interview at CAL if you are working at XJET. (MAYBE in a year or so).

Why do you say that? Do CAL pilots not like XJT guys?

I also heard, if you want to work for Delta, Comair might not be the best option.

Is this stuff true?

Sadly, yes. Eagle makes it hard to go to American, Mesaba makes it hard to go to Northwest, etc, etc.

its to bad it works out that way. I have never been treated better on a commute than when i rode AA. you would think it should be different.

RP170 said:
We are increasing our flying for those bankrupt carriers which is usually the case at all regionals who fly for a carrier who files bankruptcy. That's just the way it works. Who do you fly for?

Not CHQ.

labbats said:
But someone mentioned how CAL was the best mainline company. I disagree, and at $3 a share, seems Wall Street feels the same.

Close 8/23/05
CAL 14.35
XJT 9.43

What are you talking about?

I tried getting on with CHQ

but had to settle for xjet

1st choice was CHQ though..... far more growth than xjet

Shhhhhhh a lot of xjet guys/gals newhires were saying the same thing

1st thing I thought of was great unity haha

Biatch5 said:
I tried getting on with CHQ

but had to settle for xjet

1st choice was CHQ though..... far more growth than xjet

Shhhhhhh a lot of xjet guys/gals newhires were saying the same thing

1st thing I thought of was great unity haha

Here,s a solution for you poor new hires who had to "settle" for XJT. Quit then apply for CHQ. I'm sure you'll be much happier there with all that growth.

I love how a simple question gets into a pissing contest. Thank you for the resopnses but I guess what it comes down to for everyone is who got an offer from where. People look down on other carriers, mabye because they tried to get on with one and did not so now that carrier is bad. The whole Continental does not like Expressjet or American towards Eagle. Who cares? If someone is going to blame that they did not get a job with one of those carriers because they did not like the company I flew for....come on....you just sucked and that is a lame excuse. These big carriers would not be here today without the regional carrier. When people start realizing that then mabye attitudes will change. I doubut that really but it is a good to have hope. I hate posting questions here because half the answers come from ridculous people. For those that answered with some facts, thank you.

Latest resources

Back