Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet or Pinnacle which one and why?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RP170 said:
Yes it is nice. It's also nice to be in the left seat of it in 12-18 months not 3-4 years. How many more aircraft do you have coming at Express Jet? Guaranteed at least another 50 170's between now and next summer at CHQ. It's a no brainer, in my opinion, of where the most growth and movement is going to be in the regional industry.

Ahhhh, SJS, very sad.

Britpilot said:
Ahhhh, SJS, very sad.

SJS? I'm at my third airline and have flown jets before. You don't know anything about me or my background. I wanted to choose a company that is growing and stable so I didn't end up on the street like I did at a previous regional. Is there a problem with that?

Last edited:
RP170 said:
SJS? I'm at my third airline and have flown jets before. You don't know anything about me or my background. I wanted to choose a company that is growing and stable so I didn't end up on the street like I did at a previous regional. Is there a problem with that?

Stable? Tied to bankrupt carriers. Yeah real stable. Yep SJS for sure, self denial is a sympton.

Last edited:
RP170 said:
I wanted to choose a company that is growing and stable so I didn't end up on the street like I did at a previous regional. Is there a problem with that?

Growing, yes- Stable? Are you high? Who do you contract for?
Why not just leave it at growing?

RedDogC130 said:
If you had to chose between the two which one and why?

I have been at XJET for a while and it is a great place to work, but a long time to upgrade to Captain. This changes through time ,but I think it is around 3-4 years currently.

I think you interviewed at SWA and didn't get hired and for that I am sorry. If you want to apply to Continental I highly recommend NOT going to XJET. You will NOT get an interview at CAL if you are working at XJET. (MAYBE in a year or so).

With your military experience you seem to be very qualified for any regional but I would go to Pinnacle and get some 121 experience and hopefully a quicker upgrade to Captain apply to CAL, FEDEX, UPS, Airtran, Jetblue NOW and SWA again in a year.

Good luck,

Another SWA hopeful!

AVI8V1 said:
apply to continental mainline, they're hiring.

I would if I had PIC time. That's why I am where I am now. Hoping to get the PIC time as soon as I can so I can move on to bigger and better things.

Britpilot said:
Stable? Tied to bankrupt carriers. Yeah real stable. Yep SJS for sure, self denial is a sympton.

We are increasing our flying for those bankrupt carriers which is usually the case at all regionals who fly for a carrier who files bankruptcy. That's just the way it works. Who do you fly for?

Latest resources

Back