• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EXPRESSJET LOA9, Must re-cast your vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
my point is: my info came from our union over time (and also info on the websites) - not from some flamer on flightinfo saying that Mesa sucks.

But on a different note - you are dangerously close to supporting Mesa more than XJT who you work for, who "ought to be taking these cuts," if I'm reading you right.

I mean, somebody says "Mesa sucks" and you get defensive. But when somebody talks about not giving back money at XJT, you also get defensive. What's the deal?

my point is: my info came from our union over time (and also info on the websites) - not from some flamer on flightinfo saying that Mesa sucks.

But on a different note - you are dangerously close to supporting Mesa more than XJT who you work for, who "ought to be taking these cuts," if I'm reading you right.

I mean, somebody says "Mesa sucks" and you get defensive. But when somebody talks about not giving back money at XJT, you also get defensive. What's the deal?

Here is what I said:

Do you even know why Mesa's contract sucks? No one ever wants to give anything away. There is usually a very good reason for it. Yeah, Mesa may suck, but for the people that always say that, I wonder if they even know why it sucks. If it matters to you what other people think, then go ahead and make your decisions with that in mind.

And then you said: Source - ALPA magazine.

Are you saying that your source of Mesa sucking comes from the ALPA magazine? I think the source comes from their pilots. I've been reading the ALPA magazine for the last three years and I don't ever recall them saying anything disparaging about Mesa other than their management.

I actually agreed with you. If you read my quote again, I said, "yeah, Mesa may suck..." My point was that there is a reason why it may suck. Just like there is a reason why we came down the concession path. In fact, my exact quote when replying to you about that was, "for the people that always say that, I wonder if they even know why it sucks." My point was, do they say it because everyone else says it and or if they even know the circumstance behind their current contract. I'm sorry if you feel that it is dangerous to wonder about someone's ignorance when they make that statement. It was not meant to be defensive about Mesa at all. Its more a statement on the individual making the statement than on Mesa itself.

And just for your information, I do support the Mesa pilots in their plight just like I support all ALPA pilots in whatever challenge they happen to be facing at the time including, of course, XJT.

Also, you quoted the phrase, "ought to be taking these cuts" when talking about XJT as if I made that comment. If you can point to that comment I made I will clarify them. In fact, let me clarify it now. I'll make an argument as to why I feel that the concessions are necesary but I try to back them up with factual information also.

To me, in this context, the XJT concessions and the Mesa thing are two distinct things.

Latest resources

Back