• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

ExpressJet is Fortune's 3rd most admired...

BigHangar

Total Time
Enough
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ExpressJet Airlines placed third on Fortune's "Most Admired U.S. Companies" list among all airlines.

ExpressJet beat out Northwest, Alaska, American Airlines, America West, Delta, United and US Airways for a top three spot. The survey results were determined by an outside consultant group (Hay Group) started with the 10 largest companies by revenue in 64 industries, including foreign firms with large US operations. Then, it asked 10,000 executives, directors and securities analysts to rate the companies in their own industries on eight criteria including, innovation, financial soundness, employee talent, quality of management, use of corporate assets, long-term investment, social responsibility and quality of products/services, using a scale of 1 to 10. After the tabulated figures, ExpressJet ended up number three.
[/font]

TEXAN AVIATOR

Bewbies
Total Time
7000+
That's REAL NIIAACE!

Yank McCobb

Song and Dance Man
Total Time
Admired for what? Paying sub-standard wages and having to dip into the lower realm of experience to find people willing to accept them?

k_EAT=ho_ME

Closet User...shhhh!
Total Time
~2300
BigHangar said:
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Then, it asked 10,000 executives, directors and securities analysts to rate the companies... [/font]

I was the 3rd most admired guy in high school by all the overweight, pimple-faced girls. Imagine my joy.

I.P. Freley

I like people food
Total Time
Enough
In order to see Fortune's list you either have to subscribe or pay for the site access... So until someone comes up with the list, the identity of the #2 company is a mystery, though Dell was number 1. Apparently in prior years WalMart was #1.

Yank McCobb

Song and Dance Man
Total Time
Well, if Dell and Wal-Mart are making the top of the list, I wouldn't be shouting at the top of my lungs I was #3.

However, for those not reading closely, this was #3 of the airline companies, since the lists are broken down by industry.

But still.....

BigHangar

Total Time
Enough
Yank McCobb said:
Well, if Dell and Wal-Mart are making the top of the list, I wouldn't be shouting at the top of my lungs I was #3.

However, for those not reading closely, this was #3 of the airline companies, since the lists are broken down by industry.

But still.....

Yank, please you puss_y, nobody shouted at the top of their lungs, it was a factual post with not one thing added. Pipe down.

miles otoole

Total Time
10k+
BigHangar said:
Yank, please you puss_y, nobody shouted at the top of their lungs, it was a factual post with not one thing added. Pipe down.

No kidding, the ana% astronaut. Please tell us why Dell is a bad place to work? Someone was an abused child, I am starting to believe.

Spinplate

Total Time
Yank McCobb said:
Admired for what? Paying sub-standard wages and having to dip into the lower realm of experience to find people willing to accept them?

Hurry up and retire you old fart bastard!! You must be a pain in the a$$ to fly with you withering old man!

FlyLoNSlo

Total Time
Here is the whole list and it can be found on www.fortune.com

AIRLINES
Industry Rank Previous Rank Company Overall Score
1 Southwest Airlines 7.35
2 Continental Airlines 7.22
3 ExpressJet Holdings 5.84
4 Northwest Airlines 5.75
5 Alaska Air Group 5.51
6 AMR 5.18
7 America West Holdings 4.25