• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet in SLC and Cali

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Slow your roll...you ever been to Bakersfield? Trust me, nothing to get excited about.
Yes, oil industry and enough business to constitute 2 flights a day to start out.
Why would mother Delta place the CRJ's with an ERJ operator that is still in contract negotians with CAL?
Delta is not giving us airplanes, we can buy our own. And yes we operate ERJ's. The bid only specifies a requirement for a 50 seat Jet, not the type. As far as CAL goes they let us make money where we want, afterall the big honchos at CAL own a whole lotta XJT stock. Management has said that our 100 options are going to be split between DAL, NWA, and our own point to point service. That would bring us up to a total of 375 A/C. They can speed up deliveries if they choose to. That would cover all the CAl flying and thensome.

Delta is not giving us airplanes, we can buy our own. And yes we operate ERJ's. The bid only specifies a requirement for a 50 seat Jet, not the type. As far as CAL goes they let us make money where we want, afterall the big honchos at CAL own a whole lotta XJT stock. Management has said that our 100 options are going to be split between DAL, NWA, and our own point to point service. That would bring us up to a total of 375 A/C. They can speed up deliveries if they choose to. That would cover all the CAl flying and thensome. [/B][/QUOTE]

So DCI is going to just throw away thier remaining CRJ options and pay CAL/XJet to purchase new airplanes on a fee for departure basis, while the two wholly owned regionals continue to make large profits........sure now I see the logic!

I think you may be jumping the gun just a bit, and you never did indentify your "source". I am not looking for a name just a position/title at XJet.

Good Day!:D

asarjfo said:
I think you may be jumping the gun just a bit, and you never did indentify your "source". I am not looking for a name just a position/title at XJet.

Obi-Wan is partially correct.

Not too long ago an entourage of Delta auditors came through and picked apart XJT's total operation from scheduling, planning, management and they even did some "ghostriding" on some of our flights as part of this audit. The audit lasted just over one week.

There were bulletins put out to all XJT employees to the effect of "ok, the cat's no longer away, be on your BEST behavior, blah, blah, blah"

As to the stock: The CEO of CAL owns the most XJT shares at 5,000. CAL, inc and the CAL retirement plan (which the CEO has some control over, I guess) are the REAL honchos ownin' the stock.

Back to the audit: The president and the VP of flight ops (affectionately known as the Jim & Jim Show) of XJT spoke of the audit numerous times on crew room/ training center visits and how we needed to show our best face as flying for Delta could be a "Real possibility" in the future based on our operation.

Personally, I don't think that DAL will give up a profitable organization just to give XJT a try. As was said earlier, it makes no logical sense. However, I'd bet that DAL has something else planned for XJT and we'll probably be hearing about it by the end of Summer '04.

That is my two shillings

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Latest resources

Back