Expressjet in SLC and Cali

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Obi-Wan

word is the 45 Rj's we bid for delta are mainly going to be operated out of SLC ( looks like we are getting them). Delta likes our service and is looking to strengthen their code share with CAL. Also, CAL wants more of the west coast market. Bakersfield is just the begining baby.

And your reliable source is who? Besides, if Delta is going after Comair for concessions would they want us when we'll be making even more? Still, it would be nice.....

Yeah.....just like XJet is buying Pinnacle.

Flamebait.

Obi-wan,

I think more of a E145 presence in CA would have to be closer than IAH, even though I know your XR's (?) can make it with the range. I bet Delta would go for you guys if it were the right price---not for your "wonderful" service. The managment over here now only cares about the price to them---and if Comair won't go lower, they probably will go for someone else for the new expansion. I don't see them getting rid of Skywest anytime soon, and they do a lot of CA flying from SLC. (They hit all of the big cities and even some small ones---like FAT, Palm Springs, SBA etc..) I guess they could try some new ones---like BUR (an old Skywest route from SLC), and Bakersfield, maybe Monterey, and Eugene in OR. I would also like to know where you found out any of this new info. My friends at COEX will be excited to leave CLE and come out West....

Bye Bye--General Lee;) :rolleyes:

We've been told that decisions will not be announced or made until the end of Q1 2004. Don't any one go getting your undies in a wad until the official word is out.

DoinTime said:
Yeah.....just like XJet is buying Pinnacle.
DoinTime, you may wanna do a little research on that "flamebait." Offer was on the table....NWAC wanted too much for PCL. Was a stock offer...not assets.

So let me get this straight, XJet is getting the 45 "phantom RJ's" for the DAL code.

Explain to me why this makes any sense since we are talking about CRJ's as opposed to the ERJ. Do you really think DAL is going to put up with the growing pains of you taking on a new airplane while they have two seperate wholly owned regionals that MAKE MONEY!?!?!?!

Comair made approx. 42 million in profit on 289 million in revenue.

ASA made approx. 27 million in profit on 200 million in revenue.

Why would mother Delta place the CRJ's with an ERJ operator that is still in contract negotians with CAL?

Am I the only one who sees a problem with this logic? Please post your "reliable source", and the janitor who overheard two guys talking in the bathroom does not count!

Good Day!:D

Bakersfield?

Obi-Wan,

Slow your roll...you ever been to Bakersfield? Trust me, nothing to get excited about.

DoinTime, you may wanna do a little research on that "flamebait." Offer was on the table....NWAC wanted too much for PCL. Was a stock offer...not assets.

Didn't happen though did it? I'm sure XJet has an offer on the table for the Delta RFP but that doesn't mean its going to happen now does it?

Everyone knows the Delta deal has not been decided and won't be decided for some time. So saying that the deal has already been landed and announcing new city pairs is pure flaimbait.

Latest resources

Back