Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet going to STC (St. Cloud, MN)??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

I have a buddy up there and he said Mesaba is pulling out at the end of the year and the town is trying to get Expressjet as a United Express carrier to fly to ORD from STC. Fun times! Great place to dump 50 seaters---small po-dunk towns. It's the future!

Bye Bye--General Lee

I think Delta is going to be the worst thing that ever happened to Mesaba. Northwest comes in a close second though.

Good thing they finally finished the new terminal there!

And good thing they got the new control tower...and new runway....and new ILS to 13....and new fire station....and new Oshkosh fire truck.

Last edited:
What about Brainerd, I Falls, Bemidji and all the rest of them, are they going to axe them all?

Last edited:
As an added bonus, they'll finally have a reasonable alternate for MSP. :laugh:

It took my a second, but your wit is sharp indeed, since you are talking about the RST incident. As far as the new terminal and co-tower, the mentality is: If you build it.....they will come........ they keep saying that. They couldn't fill 3 daily Saabs according to my buddy up there. But, I bet DL will reinstate the Saabs if UAL and XJT go up there, so everyone will lose more money.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I have a buddy up there and he said Mesaba is pulling out at the end of the year and the town is trying to get Expressjet as a United Express carrier to fly to ORD from STC. Fun times! Great place to dump 50 seaters---small po-dunk towns. It's the future!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Funny, considering XJT ISN'T a UAX carrier.

This next week will be interesting to say the least. That is, if they don't delay an announcement, again.

As far as the 50 seaters, go, yep, they should be gone. But all of them aren't going away anytime soon. So if they have to rear they're ugly existence and not be replaced by turbo props, where would you rather have them fly?

To the po-dunk towns, or flying mainline routes between larger cities?

But, I bet DL will reinstate the Saabs if UAL and XJT go up there, so everyone will lose more money.

Are you sure that isn't EAS flying? If I remember correctly, SkyWest just got some out of ORD.

Funny, considering XJT ISN'T a UAX carrier.

This next week will be interesting to say the least. That is, if they don't delay an announcement, again.

As far as the 50 seaters, go, yep, they should be gone. But all of them aren't going away anytime soon. So if they have to rear they're ugly existence and not be replaced by turbo props, where would you rather have them fly?

To the po-dunk towns, or flying mainline routes between larger cities?

Are you sure that isn't EAS flying? If I remember correctly, SkyWest just got some out of ORD.

I think CMX is another one that is going away and I heard UAX is going to do it out of ORD.

Latest resources

Back