• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet gets delisting warning from NYSE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As sad as it is, and I am going to get a lot of angry responses for this......

the regional industry is not the place to fight for a ' good contract'......it is simply contract work for larger carriers, plain and simple.

If you cost too much....see ya, its just buisness. ( I dont agree---its just how it is for regionals ) It is contract work and that is it.

The place to fight for a stellar contract is a mainline carrier....get the flight time needed at a regional and move on...I know everyone cant move on, but that is another reality of this industry. Sorry to see people lose their jobs---but your company is only doing a job for someone else.

Last edited:

the regional industry is not the place to fight for a ' good contract'......it is simply contract work for larger carriers, plain and simple.

If you cost too much....see ya, its just buisness. ( I dont agree---its just how it is for regionals ) It is contract work and that is it.

The place to fight for a stellar contract is a mainline carrier....get the flight time needed at a regional and move on...I know everyone cant move on, but that is another reality of this industry. Sorry to see people lose their jobs---but your company is only doing a job for someone else.

Umm. most of us are on earth and you are just in a different solar system. what does your post have to so with XJT stock?

i will add.....the desire to fight for a good contract at a regional is always good!

However , due to the nature of the bizz ( it is someone elses flying ) ...it is what it is.

A Delta Captain once told me... If you're flying a jet, you should be making 100K...

Would Skywest come back to the table?

Most certainly not at $3.50. The pilots are at a weaker spot now and Jerry may make even greater demands then before or it's goodbye, if he thinks XJT is going under eventually. I've heard Jerry say before that he wants assets not people, so when ASA was bought it surprised me and even with XJT, I was surprised. He got a CPA with CAL, he can do it again. But if XJT goes under, he may be in a better position to deal with CAL but if XJT is bought now, CAL may expect Skywest to honor the XJT CPA and I don't think that would be acceptable to Jerry.

Last edited:
Help a non-XJT guy understand, what exactly is going on at XJT?

In terms of fleet numbers, further cuts/growth, and pilot hiring/furloughing?

Minimum of 205 aircraft for CAL until July 2009. Then it could go down to a minimum of 190 aircraft until July of 2015. Plus 30 aircraft in the charter division. The 39 remaining aircraft are being parked at CAL's expense with XJT having first rights to them in the future.

XJT needs 437 less pilots come October. That will be mitigated by COLAs (110), early retirements (33), overseas flying opportunity (12 so far), and 40 hour lines (TBD).

Exactly... Investors know that this company does not have much of a future if they can't change the financial ground they stand on.

Hey Nevets besides furloughs did Jerry ever mention you guys having to take concessions?

Yes, they were asking for 12% pay concessions to become "cost competitive" with SKW with an additional 4% after they had more time to review the contract.

Most certainly not at $3.50. The pilots are at a weaker spot now and Jerry may make even greater demands then before or it's goodbye, if he thinks XJT is going under eventually. I've heard Jerry say before that he wants assets not people, so when ASA was bought it surprised me and even with XJT, I was surprised. He got a CBA with CAL, he can do it again. But if XJT goes under, he may be in a better position to deal with CAL but if XJT is bought now, CAL may expect Skywest to honor the XJT CBA and I don't think that would be acceptable to Jerry.

The pilots are not any weaker than what SKW was offering. Just to remind everyone, they were going to shut down the branded, and the DAL pro-rate, and charter. They were going to transfer 29 of those aircraft to SKW for SKW pilots to fly. And they had a deal with CAL that would have allowed CAL to put the 205 aircraft flying for CAL up to bid. Then he was asking for LARGER concessions than an independent XJT is facing just to become "cost comopetative." All this while throwing out our scope and Holding Letter protetions. I would hardly call that a weaker position.

Yes, it was clear to me that he was more interested in assests and not people. I don't take it personal, its just business I guess. And SKW is ran by good business men.

But again, I take SKW at their word when they said that this deal removes the fundamental reason for the buyout. Now that XJT has a deal in place they are not under as much pressure they were before to take the SKW buyout. Also, the CAL CPA does not have the ability to whipsaw XJT like the SKW CPA did with its one year rebidding language. And lastly, it doesn't set up the second seperate CPA in which SKW would operate 29 aircraft. This would have made the transition, one year later, if XJT pilots decided not to become "cost competative." Not to mention the 700 pilots they were going to furlough and offer preferential interviews.

All their whipsaw ability is gone and the XJT pilots are less likely to rescind their scope and Holding letter now.

Yes, I think SKW would rather wait for XJT to liquidate and just rehire the pilots at first year pay rather than buy them and deal with unions at SKW.

Latest resources

Back