• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet gets delisting warning from NYSE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As sad as it is, and I am going to get a lot of angry responses for this......

the regional industry is not the place to fight for a ' good contract'......it is simply contract work for larger carriers, plain and simple.

If you cost too much....see ya, its just buisness. ( I dont agree---its just how it is for regionals ) It is contract work and that is it.

The place to fight for a stellar contract is a mainline carrier....get the flight time needed at a regional and move on...I know everyone cant move on, but that is another reality of this industry. Sorry to see people lose their jobs---but your company is only doing a job for someone else.

Wow... I'm glad not everyone has the same attitude as you!

If that was all true, then Pinnacle would have signed for a crappy contract 3 years ago. But we haven't. AND, neither did we buy management's threat that we will lose all NWA flying if we didn't sign the management 'best and final offer.'

Bullsheet!

FIGHT for a good contract at the regional level!

XJT is a $.29 right now. I know a few guys who just bought a lot of their stock in the last few days. I'm thinking of buying some myself. Anyone?

If they file for bankruptcy, your stock will be worthless. Remember, they don't have to go out of business, just file for bankruptcy and it's worth nothing. Nothing against XJT but right now you would be better going to Vegas and gambling it there.

Jerry accomplished what he wanted, he has no incentive to persue XJT. He has cash in the bank and solid contracts with two legacies. Now all he needs to do is wait. Mesa is history and XJT will be facing quite a struggle over the next year. There will be plenty of pieces to pick up to fuel future growth without the complications of an acquisition.

Jerry accomplished what he wanted, he has no incentive to persue XJT. He has cash in the bank and solid contracts with two legacies. Now all he needs to do is wait. Mesa is history and XJT will be facing quite a struggle over the next year. There will be plenty of pieces to pick up to fuel future growth without the complications of an acquisition.

That's not what he told us or insinuated during their pitch to the pilots.

As sad as it is, and I am going to get a lot of angry responses for this......

the regional industry is not the place to fight for a ' good contract'......it is simply contract work for larger carriers, plain and simple.

If you cost too much....see ya, its just buisness. ( I dont agree---its just how it is for regionals ) It is contract work and that is it.

The place to fight for a stellar contract is a mainline carrier....get the flight time needed at a regional and move on...I know everyone cant move on, but that is another reality of this industry. Sorry to see people lose their jobs---but your company is only doing a job for someone else.

Not angry responses, just "eye brow" raisers". Seriously, if you don't get it you need help.

I know it's not totally the RJ driver's fault. I once flew a 1900 for $30 and hour as Captain, I didn't blink about the chance to move into the left seat of a 50 seat jet for $56 an hour. But what is going on now is that Peanuckle fo's are flying fricken 90 SEAT JETS for $23 an hour ....2nd year! Not to single out Peanuckle because regional pay is sh!t and has always been Sh!t. The only difference now is that regionals are not only flying jets, but now 70 and 90 seaters that should be on mainline certificates.
Scope relaxation has been one culprit here.... I don't know why I'm wasting my time, if you don't get it, you probably won't ever get it.

flying fricken 90 SEAT JETS for $23 an hour ....2nd year

Actually, this is not true. 50 seat jet pay is 24.39/hr for second year (and that BLOWS). But the 76 seater pay is much higher for second year.

Nonetheless, you're right about the rest.

Latest resources

Back