ExpressJet Fo passes away

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flynryan15

It is with a heavy heart that I post this blastmail about Michael Poole. Mike was a Xjt FO and I believe he went to Comair Academy. My thoughts and prayers are with his new wife Ashley and his family.

It is with deep sadness and regret that we inform you of the death of IAH-based First Officer Michael Poole. Michael passed away this weekend after involvement in a jet-ski accident in Florida. Michael joined ExpressJet in May 2007 and was most recently based in IAH, before getting furloughed on Oct. 1, 2008. He is survived by his wife of 5 months, Ashley.

Funeral services will be held in Burlington, Ky. We will inform the pilot group when arrangements have been finalized. The family requests that, in lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Michael’s name to several charitable groups. We will pass along specific information regarding these charities as we receive it from the family.

Our heartfelt sympathies go out to Ashley and the entire Poole family. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers during this most difficult time.

I'm sorry for his family's loss! Seems like it has been a harsh couple of months for him and his family.

My thoughts go out to them.

eP.

Thoughts and prayers, tragic to be so young and a huge blow to his new family, so sad.

That's just awful. Let us know who his charities of choice were.

Latest resources

Back