• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

ExpressJet Fo passes away

flynryan15

Total Time
2000+
It is with a heavy heart that I post this blastmail about Michael Poole. Mike was a Xjt FO and I believe he went to Comair Academy. My thoughts and prayers are with his new wife Ashley and his family.

It is with deep sadness and regret that we inform you of the death of IAH-based First Officer Michael Poole. Michael passed away this weekend after involvement in a jet-ski accident in Florida. Michael joined ExpressJet in May 2007 and was most recently based in IAH, before getting furloughed on Oct. 1, 2008. He is survived by his wife of 5 months, Ashley.

Funeral services will be held in Burlington, Ky. We will inform the pilot group when arrangements have been finalized. The family requests that, in lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Michael’s name to several charitable groups. We will pass along specific information regarding these charities as we receive it from the family.

Our heartfelt sympathies go out to Ashley and the entire Poole family. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers during this most difficult time.

ePilot22

BuyTheTicket~TakeTheRide
Total Time
nfinit
I'm sorry for his family's loss! Seems like it has been a harsh couple of months for him and his family.

My thoughts go out to them.

eP.

spudskier

Total Time
<enuf
Thoughts and prayers, tragic to be so young and a huge blow to his new family, so sad.

flyboyike

Urban Legend/Rural Myth
Total Time
That's just awful. Let us know who his charities of choice were.

Sig

Total Time
100%
Jet skis are the worst.

Dying is probably worse than a jet ski, but I could be wrong.

Sad circumstance. Rough times for a young bride and the buddies he left behind at XJT.

rightseatjocky

GO PADRES
Total Time
Sorry to hear this bad news. We have lost a brother in our community.

DX Rick

Total Time
I knew the guy. Talked to him a couple times on the crew bus. Sorry to hear about this.

joe_pilot

There be whales here!
Total Time
>0
I'm sorry to hear about this guys. Life is too short. Sucks for his family and friends.

Dan Roman

Total Time
Jet skis are the worst.
Boy what a stupid comment on many levels. I guess you say that after someone is killed in a plane too?

I can't imagine the pain his family must be going through.
God Bless him and his family.