expressjet -- do they hire into a pool?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ILStoMinimums said:
Anybody know if this is true? I've heard that the company is considering running May for Captain upgrades only? That would mean 128 upgrades if no newhires.

I havent heard that but It probably wouldnt be a bad idea--- they are pretty short for Capts right now, a lot of fo's (like me) are sitting around on their arses.

flatspin7 said:
I havent heard that but It probably wouldnt be a bad idea--- they are pretty short for Capts right now, a lot of fo's (like me) are sitting around on their arses.

I'll be joining the ranks soon........

ILStoMinimums said:
Anybody know if this is true? I've heard that the company is considering running May for Captain upgrades only? That would mean 128 upgrades if no newhires.

If true, WHOOOO HOOOOOO!!!! 4 months of reserve is beginning to get old.

Yeah, it'll be month 4 for me in April as well. At least I'm only 26 spots away from a relief line this time around. It's looking like 5 months of reserve, although some of the senior guys in my class will probably get by with 4.

Any idea where the new hires/upgrades are going? Iah, CLE, EWR or maybe Didneyland (that's Mike Tyson's Disneyland)

Last edited:
There needs to be more CA sent to EWR and IAH than anything right now and I hope planning knows that...

Come on now...2 or 3 Res captains in IAH/EWR is really bad...

Latest resources

Back