Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fulcrum

stranger to the ground
hey guys and gals at xjt , help me out with this one , i really want to fly for expressjet ,

1) I had applied online in nov-dec i still have not heard anything , should i reapply using the website ? ( 2000 + hrs 500 + multi and currently flying part 135 )

2) will expressjet hire you and put you in a pool till you can come to class , ( i have a contract at my current job so i can not leave until august 2005 ) what is the best way to go about this at the interview

3) how much hiring is anticipated this year ----- summer and fall months

Thanks
fulcrum

1. Beats me.

2. From what I've seen in the past, once you're hired they'll work with you to get a class date that works. I've heard of them pushing back the class date a few months for folks.

3. I think we're suppose to hire 4-500 this year and they're filling classes through April and May right now.

We were told to tell our friends DO NOT UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION...wait it out. The computer sorts your name starting from when you applied. If you send more information again today, the computer resets your information, and waiting time, to today. The way I understand it, they receive hundreds (maybe thousands) of applicants per month. If you put your information in around December it will take around four months before they even look at it to see if you even qualify for a telephone interview. I would tell you to be patient, study your Jepps approach plates, know the systems of the aircraft you are flying now and continue building multi time on a regular basis. Ironically, if you quit worrying so much the next thing you know they are calling you. We are taking at least 24 more aircraft and are looking at class sizes of 64 per month at least through August.

Hope it helps. Remember...PATIENCE!!!!

Are we training 64 newhires a month or 64 pilots? (ie 32 new hires and 32 upgrades)

On my online application I noticed it said: "Appt: 02/19/2005 12:00 AM "

What does that mean? Does that mean I missed an appointment or something? I wasn't contacted about anything....

Hemingway@XJT said:
It's my understanding that it's 64 each per month. New hires and upgrages. At least for the time being.

They are doing 64 Newbie and 64 Upgrades... They are training like crazy.

MarineGrunt said:
On my online application I noticed it said: "Appt: 02/19/2005 12:00 AM "

What does that mean? Does that mean I missed an appointment or something? I wasn't contacted about anything....

The date the computer sumitted you application. So now you know how to wait 4 months from that date.

Anybody know if this is true? I've heard that the company is considering running May for Captain upgrades only? That would mean 128 upgrades if no newhires.

fulcrum said:
hey guys and gals at xjt , help me out with this one , i really want to fly for expressjet ,

1) I had applied online in nov-dec i still have not heard anything , should i reapply using the website ? ( 2000 + hrs 500 + multi and currently flying part 135 )

2) will expressjet hire you and put you in a pool till you can come to class , ( i have a contract at my current job so i can not leave until august 2005 ) what is the best way to go about this at the interview

3) how much hiring is anticipated this year ----- summer and fall months

Thanks
fulcrum

Contract??? Please if you fly 135 and have a contract trust me, IT AINT LEGAL! Where do you work at currently? If your contract is a piece of paper saying I will work here till this date and it was made up on the spot by your boss, it wont hold up in court. Just FYI :)

Latest resources

Back