• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet, Delta put aviation students on career pathway

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When do they get their interview with delta? Do they have to be regional captains first? If not, its a slap in the face to every current regional and military pilot that wants to work there.

Oh well. Seniority has nothing to do with interviews at other companies.

Oh well. Seniority has nothing to do with interviews at other companies.

Has nothing to do with seniority!!! The point is getting sold out so to speak after paying your dues. I am tired of hearing the sob stories on these forums about how "I have 350hrs and didn't get hired stories after I did some CRJ or ERJ home study course."

I was stupid enough to make a career change 10 years ago, took out a 100k loan to go chase a career that I thought would be rewarding! Been far from it. Every one feels entitled to something nowadays and they don't want to work for it.

I payed my dues and earned every hour I flight instructed for 4 years. I was in the last class at Comair to be hired at 1200/200. I have noticed no one wants to work for it anymore these days. I hate the CRJ. Horrible performance and the seats in the back are awful. I would rather fly the plane then sit in the back!! I really do not want to fly one the rest of my life. I really don't want to fly an E-170 or whatever they call it. Just a mini 737 that is a piece of junk flown for crap wages!!

Guess my point is when am I going to get payed back for what I have put into this! I hope the regional industry dies!! I want to see the flying go back to the mainlines!!

And while I am ranting 9E grow some damn balls and make some decisions. I am sure JFK is culture shock for you. OH has always had the minimum and we made the best of it. Hell we finally got ACARS this year. Tired of hearing you guys whine over ops in DTW. I despise being based in DTW. That place sucks!! Has to be the worse ATC system in the country!! Funny they actually miss OH at JFK!!

Feel free to fire away! Just so ticked of with what has happened to this profession!! It's sad. It's who can underbid who nowadays!

Last edited:
Like most around here I've been around aviation all my life. I remember seeing schools put stuff out like this when I started taking lessons in 1989 when I was 15 (in Flying Mag and AOPA ect. before Gore invented the inter-web-nets). Of all the times in the past 20 years I've seen this type of program announced I've never seen/read/been told of any of them working out in big numbers.

Just hype to get mommy and daddy to plunk down $$$$$$ for little Jonny's useless college degree.

Like so many incentives that have rolled out, this is flawed. Anything guaranteed needs to be applied to the whole pilot group.

Right now, my thoughts are that when I get a snot-nosed, crap-stain FO from this program and he/she spouts off on they "are just waiting for my Delta interview" will be banned to pilot monitor duties for the duration of the trip.

Has nothing to do with seniority!!! The point is getting sold out so to speak after paying your dues. I am tired of hearing the sob stories on these forums about how "I have 350hrs and didn't get hired stories after I did some CRJ or ERJ home study course."

I was stupid enough to make a career change 10 years ago, took out a 100k loan to go chase a career that I thought would be rewarding! Been far from it. Every one feels entitled to something nowadays and they don't want to work for it.

I payed my dues and earned every hour I flight instructed for 4 years. I was in the last class at Comair to be hired at 1200/200. I have noticed no one wants to work for it anymore these days. I hate the CRJ. Horrible performance and the seats in the back are awful. I would rather fly the plane then sit in the back!! I really do not want to fly one the rest of my life. I really don't want to fly an E-170 or whatever they call it. Just a mini 737 that is a piece of junk flown for crap wages!!

Guess my point is when am I going to get payed back for what I have put into this! I hope the regional industry dies!! I want to see the flying go back to the mainlines!!

And while I am ranting 9E grow some damn balls and make some decisions. I am sure JFK is culture shock for you. OH has always had the minimum and we made the best of it. Hell we finally got ACARS this year. Tired of hearing you guys whine over ops in DTW. I despise being based in DTW. That place sucks!! Has to be the worse ATC system in the country!! Funny they actually miss OH at JFK!!

Feel free to fire away! Just so ticked of with what has happened to this profession!! It's sad. It's who can underbid who nowadays!

Feel better now?

Like so many incentives that have rolled out, this is flawed. Anything guaranteed needs to be applied to the whole pilot group.

Right now, my thoughts are that when I get a snot-nosed, crap-stain FO from this program and he/she spouts off on they "are just waiting for my Delta interview" will be banned to pilot monitor duties for the duration of the trip.

Bet you're awesome to fly with. Maybe that "snot nosed" kid will just pack his bag up and let you fly alone... Oh yeah, not even you are that good, Sky King.

Surprised,
After a long series of poor choices, you are bitter?
Sorry your life sucks.....
Poor choices have consequences, there is the proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i fly boxes
When do they get their interview with delta? Do they have to be regional captains first? If not, its a slap in the face to every current regional and military pilot that wants to work there.

I agree!! I am on headed for an up hill climb to hopefully get to Delta. Biggest stain on my resume is I have worked for Comair coming up on 6 years!! Hopefully my references will still hold some water. All 3 were navy pilots of which 2 of them I did the ATP training!

So now some kid with 250 hrs, no CFI, and an "aviation degree" is going to beat me there!! I have put 10 years into this and I am hoping it finally pays off.
I like how you two feel entitled to an interview at Delta. Bottom line still remains that Western Michigan kid's school had the negotiating power to get both XJT and Delta to agree to a guaranteed interview, and that's what they earned. Stop pointing fingers at the students for this deal. Just because you've been in this industry longer frankly does not mean you deserve an interview at Delta over someone from Western Michigan. If you want to blame someone or point fingers, then point to your current airline/company for not having a guaranteed interview scheme set up with Delta. Delta owes you nothing!

And like the other posts already said, this thing is about as useless as the paper it's printed on. I'm a Pinnacle employee, and this is what we got back when I started in 2007:

http://www.flypinnacle.com/site/our...uments/pilots/incentives/pilot_incentives.pdf
http://www.flypinnacle.com/site/our...uments/pilots/incentives/pilot_incentives.pdf

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]The Pinnacle Airlines story of growth and success received another boost in late[/FONT]
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]April with the announcement that it will expand into the CRJ-900 market with a[/FONT]
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]new partnership with Delta Air Lines to complement our extensive relationship with[/FONT]
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Northwest Airlines, for which we currently operate 132 CRJ-200 regional jets. By[/FONT]
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]the summer of 2008, Pinnacle will be operating 133 regional jets, serving more than[/FONT]
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]125 cities and flying more than 800 daily flights.[/FONT]
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]In conjunction with growth plans, Pinnacle has enhanced its Pilot recruiting[/FONT]
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]incentives to attract top tier aviators who want to join the Pinnacle Proud team.[/FONT]
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]The outstanding package of financial, benefit and career development incentives - in[/FONT]
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]combination with Pinnacle’s outstanding corporate culture and commitment to[/FONT]
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]safety – add up to one overwhelming conclusion: choosing Pinnacle is the right[/FONT]
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]move for outstanding aviators.[/FONT]
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]New Incentives become effective with classes beginning in June.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,BoldItalic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,BoldItalic]Increased [/FONT][/FONT]training pay of $400 per week/$1600 per month, plus

company-paid hotel accommodations.

$750 bonus after successful completion of OE.

$500.00 bonus awarded after six months of continuous Pinnacle

service (current incentive in place).

Optional Health insurance program with coverage during training

offered by GoldenRule, a United Healthcare company that provides
basic medical coverage until company benefits take effect after OE
check ride and 90 days of formal employment. (More information is
available at goldenrule.com.)

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,BoldItalic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,BoldItalic]New [/FONT][/FONT]preferential pilot interview agreement with Delta.

Non-revenue passes available for personal travel during any extended

break while in training.

Crew bases in only three cities – Detroit, Memphis and Minneapolis-

St. Paul –

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]all with reasonable costs of living[/FONT][/FONT].

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Outstanding [/FONT][/FONT]suite of company health, retirement and travel benefits

for all employees.

I can state for fact that no one at Pinnacle received a preferential interview in Summer 2010 simply for being Pinnacle pilots. The ones at 9E who interviewed at Delta were heavily connected at Delta, and that was the sole reason they got called to interview.

I like how you two feel entitled to an interview at Delta. Bottom line still remains that Western Michigan kid's school had the negotiating power to get both XJT and Delta to agree to a guaranteed interview, and that's what they earned. Stop pointing fingers at the students for this deal. Just because you've been in this industry longer frankly does not mean you deserve an interview at Delta over someone from Western Michigan. If you want to blame someone or point fingers, then point to your current airline/company for not having a guaranteed interview scheme set up with Delta. Delta owes you nothing!

I agree Delta owes me nothing. I just want the chance to interview just like every other pilot out there. Just ticked I might get bypassed by some 250 hr kid with an airport management degree down the road!!

I would rather see the whole regional industry go away!! Total joke!!

Latest resources

Back