• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet CEO stepping down in January

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I didn't say SkyWest would be doing it, nor did I say XJET would be losing any flying. Thanks for all the hate though, 'brother.'
ok super FO please explain what you are talking about? if not, go pound sand and eat your fruit loops in your CRJ 1000.

Well, Republic did such a stellar job with CAL that they're all but gone by the end of next year. Mesa's a joke and lost flying to us, 36 a/c worth to be exact. You guys lost your bid for us, quickly. Plus I don't think your management would've liked us working under our current contract, I thought there'd be MANY labor issues. Who'd you have in mind? Considering our current CPA is seven years long? Think first, then talk.

CHQ did a fine job, BB just doesn't want 50 seaters anymore, and CAL isn't giving up scope. That's the long and the short of it, believe me, I know... God spoke to me last night and told me.

CHQ did a fine job, BB just doesn't want 50 seaters anymore, and CAL isn't giving up scope. That's the long and the short of it, believe me, I know... God spoke to me last night and told me.

Sorry Reverend Bed, but I prayed to my god that CAL pilots wouldn't cave on scope. With the latest shell games Rev is playing, I seriously doubt CAL would be interested in funding a competitor's bottom line down the road. Sorry Bedford, guess my Jesus is more powerful then yours...

“We are very pleased to be joining the Continental team and look forward to an expanding relationship.”
as0.gif
CEO Bryan Bedford quote

Last edited:
Well, Republic did such a stellar job with CAL that they're all but gone by the end of next year. Mesa's a joke and lost flying to us, 36 a/c worth to be exact. You guys lost your bid for us, quickly. Plus I don't think your management would've liked us working under our current contract, I thought there'd be MANY labor issues. Who'd you have in mind? Considering our current CPA is seven years long? Think first, then talk.

That's because you guys are doing the flying at a loss not because you guys have stellar performance. You were 3rd in line for this remember that, the others couldn't do it at a loss. And mesa doesn't have 36 A/C flying for UA so if that is true which it isn't because the published contract was for 22, then you guys are stealing from other UAX carriers.

You guys don't know sh!t about how much XJT is doing this flying for. You guys don't know sh!t about why CHQ is losing COEX flying. You guys are horrible at interpreting what is going on in the regional airline business world, so stop trying to guess. An actual airline analyst predicted that XJT will now be profitable with the new UAL flying.

CX880- What I was trying to say in my earlier post is that UAL will now own about 15% of XJT and I believe that CAL still owns a decent amount of XJT shares so if/when they merge the new UAL/CAL will own a large part of XJT.

That's because you guys are doing the flying at a loss

Is there any proof to back up that statement?

You were 3rd in line for this remember that, the others couldn't do it at a loss.

Again, can that statement be backed up with fact? If there was a bid put out, and XYZ airline got it, wouldn't that mean they were first in line? Also, with XJT's cash position and current CPA, 2 years for 11 airplanes, and 3 years for 11 other airplanes is a LONG time to operate at a loss. Not a likely scenario.

And mesa doesn't have 36 A/C flying for UA so if that is true which it isn't because the published contract was for 22, then you guys are stealing from other UAX carriers.

When you say "published contract", are you referring to the RFP as a whole, or just the part that XJT got?

As far as 36 aircraft goes, did you include the -8's?

"Stealing from UAX" carriers is the best part of the post. Help me to remember, what did MESA management do when UAL was in BK? Although they offered a price to do it at, was it profitable for them? Nope, wasn't "stealing" since regional pilots don't "steal" flying. Those decisions happen above, way above the paygrades of even the best compensated guys. I know, it's a hard concept for some in this industry to grasp

I'm sorry to annoy you with all these questions as I'm pretty sure you won't be able to answer a single one of them.

How about this.

XJET whups ASS and takes down names. Any and all flying they've ever had or will ever have rakes GOBBS of money. Their pilots are baddest bunch of MoFos you'd ever want (or perhaps fear) to meet. They are only eclipsed in brains and brilliance by Mr. Ream, the absolute full-on shiznit of all airline CEOs.

feel better?

sheesh

CX880- What I was trying to say in my earlier post is that UAL will now own about 15% of XJT and I believe that CAL still owns a decent amount of XJT shares so if/when they merge the new UAL/CAL will own a large part of XJT.

Great so XJT becomes the new Comair and I never get my job back! :puke:

Is there any proof to back up that statement?

Yea they got it and the cheaper airlines didn't.

Again, can that statement be backed up with fact? If there was a bid put out, and XYZ airline got it, wouldn't that mean they were first in line? Also, with XJT's cash position and current CPA, 2 years for 11 airplanes, and 3 years for 11 other airplanes is a LONG time to operate at a loss. Not a likely scenario.

TSA said no, AWAC said no. The next likely candidate which has way more expensive costs is Expressjet. They've been operating at a loss since the day they lost the flying for 69 airplanes. A secure home for a couple of dozen airplanes out 69 for a few years is hardly comforting. Don't take out that loan for the BMW just yet.

Facts

Yes, because you a GOJETS line pilot were not only able to sit in on the negotiations between United, ExpressJet, Air Wisconsin, and TSA. You have also been able to review the 3 proposals to provide us these facts!?!?!

Latest resources

Back