ExpressJet cancels Upgrade classes....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyboy06

2008 FEB/MAR upgrade classes have been cancelled "Due to a change in the level of operations for 2008, and the resulting changes to staffing requirements"

Discuss...

2008 FEB/MAR upgrade classes have been cancelled "Due to a change in the level of operations for 2008, and the resulting changes to staffing requirements"

Discuss...
look at it this way... atleast ur stuck as a senior FO at expressjet with 18-19 days off rather than 10 at mesa... i guess....

Discuss...

Though not good, it was 1 class of 32 people. This has everything to do with CAL cutting back hiring and expansion plans, some to do with age 65 not a problem with XJT. Cal has been hiring alot of XJT guys well they are reducing their class size which equates into less people going to CAL from XJT. XJT plans their attrition mainly on people leaving for CAL.

Though not good, it was 1 class of 32 people. This has everything to do with CAL cutting back hiring and expansion plans, some to do with age 65 not a problem with XJT. Cal has been hiring alot of XJT guys well they are reducing their class size which equates into less people going to CAL from XJT. XJT plans their attrition mainly on people leaving for CAL.

Chris, It was 2 classes of 16 I think :)

Are you saying that we couldn't use 32 more CA in the COEX side? They reassign and JM more than they have in the past. Sucks to see your pairing cycle through 5 CA before someone gets there because they either time out or are reassigned again...just seems to be happening more than usual.

And they should factor in guys like you going to NWA

Congrats

Chris, It was 2 classes of 16 I think :)

Are you saying that we couldn't use 32 more CA in the COEX side? They reassign and JM more than they have in the past. Sucks to see your pairing cycle through 5 CA before someone gets there because they either time out or are reassigned again...just seems to be happening more than usual.

And they should factor in guys like you going to NWA

Congrats

I agree. however from what i understand the company plans attrition primarily on CALs hiring of our guys. Well they have a rude awaking coming if they dont start factoring in the people leaving for other companies. Lots of XJT people getting called my NWA, UAL, and DAL right now not to mention the people in the SWA pool already or other carriers hiring. Shoudl be fun to watch. Wait till next summer and mark my words they will be short staffed. Thanks for the congrats. Count me in as a bump for you;)

how long is your contract with Delta? Comair's president stated that delta is removing 4000 regional block hours from the system?

Canceling of vacancy bids is something the comair guys know all too much about. :mad:

Oh my god!!!! Quick, everyone leave before this place goes under!!! I hear the biggest threat is to those hired before the end of 04.

maybe this coincides with the fact that the branded flying is loosing 10s of millions of dollars/quarter

maybe this coincides with the fact that the branded flying is loosing 10s of millions of dollars/quarter

I would be willing to bet you cant come up with any documentation on this, can you? branded did take money to start but its not doing bad at all.

Latest resources

Back