• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet announcement today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:laugh: Yeah, sure, that's what I did. Nevermind the fact that I'm not getting furloughed anyway. :laugh: You need to find a new "grapevine" apparently.

Funny how many people on this thread are laughing AT YOU! I know you aren't getting furloughed, but you're 180 #'s closer. Wouldn't surprise me if you'd attempt the offer to management, you'll sell out in order to gain at someone else's expense. You did it before, past behavior tends to be a good predictor of future behavior.

I don't wish a furlough on anyone, not even you. I've been through one and it sucks. Just pointing out you don't have a leg to stand on in your silly little arguments.

Last edited:
I worked at ExpressJet and currently work at AAI. Expressjet hands down across the board had a better contract than AAI. What does that say about our contract? Our contract is not bad but you are way off base with your comment.

I never defended our contract. It's pretty pathetic, especially the reserve section. The only contract that is even remotely decent in this industry right now is the SWA agreement, and the DAL agreement isn't bad on work rules. As good as the XJT contract is, and it's probably the best RJ contract we've ever seen, you would certainly agree that it isn't what it should be, right?

I never defended our contract. It's pretty pathetic, especially the reserve section. The only contract that is even remotely decent in this industry right now is the SWA agreement, and the DAL agreement isn't bad on work rules. As good as the XJT contract is, and it's probably the best RJ contract we've ever seen, you would certainly agree that it isn't what it should be, right?

Define what it should be. I don't think anybody would ever be totally happy with a contract. Individuals have different goals in life. Some want QOL. Some want to be able to make the most money they can. A regional is never going to have a pre 9/11 major type contract while it is in the environment it is in. All the cost cutting and undercutting and such. Guys I know that went to CAL, UAL, and USAIR agree the XJT contract work rules were equal to or better almost across the board. But the Mainline rules came down to the Regional level.

The one thing I was especially alarmed at here at AAI is how management bends, stretches, and breaks the contract with such regularity. I have never seen a group so cowed by managements threatening tactics. Even at my REGIONAL they seemed to honor the contract and for the most part I felt like a professional.

Last edited:
Define what it should be. I don't think anybody would ever be totally happy with a contract.

I would agree with you there, but I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect any airline Captain to make a six figure income. Although many XJT CAs do, a lot of them still don't. Not to mention FOs on food stamps. Those are the kinds of things I'm talking about when I say "should be."

The one thing I was especially alarmed at here at AAI is how management bends, stretches, and breaks the contract with such regularity. I have never seen a group so cowed by managements threatening tactics. Even at my REGIONAL they seemed to honor the contract and for the most part I felt like a professional.

In full agreement with you there.

It seems like a fist fight has broken out on the deck of the titanic.

Who gives a rats a$$ what kind of contract Xjet has. The pay is cr@p and they are going to furlough like alot of others. Does anyone there want to stay there forever.

I'm not sure I'm following the argument about reserve rules at AAI. Guys on reserve can fly little and make alot. I'm no fan of our contract either, but I would rather be here versus flying a 50 seater anywhere right now.

My two pesos

It seems like a fist fight has broken out on the deck of the titanic.

In other words, standard day at flightinfo. ;)

I'm not sure I'm following the argument about reserve rules at AAI. Guys on reserve can fly little and make alot.

Yes, the pay credit is good (almost makes up for the bad pay rates...almost), but everything else is pure hell on reserve, especially after they got rid of the ability to drop reserve days. Honestly, 10 days off at a major airline? The SWA pilots are laughing at us.

I'm no fan of our contract either, but I would rather be here versus flying a 50 seater anywhere right now.

Ditto. No doubt about that.

How good is your standard of living without a job? Most idiotic post ever. Ever pilot that flies for the major has taken concessions to help their company and to secure their jobs, as much as possible, yet for some reason you think you're different? I laugh at your ignorance.

So TD, would you work for $15/hr in your RJ because it'd save the company?

<-- XJT FO about to be furloughed. I'd gladly take a furlough before doing my job at even less pay, and that's about to become a reality. I hit the street knowing that my company has raised the bar in terms of pay and QOL, and that our pilot group stayed unified during the worst of it. When recall comes along, I'll be back in my seat.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back