Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SlapShot

Alright, I need some help.

How do you get a copy of your training records from the company? It has to be possible. What address do you put on the PRIA form? The Express-One.com site is no longer active.

As far as I know, there's no source for your records from EOI.

They sent out letters to everyone about a year after they shut down, saying that if you wanted a copy of your training records, send them a SASE (large manilla) and they would send you a copy, and this was your one and only chance to get them.

The good news is that you're only required by PRIA to have that information back 5 years and EOI shut down in Jan 2002 if memory serves, so you no longer have to have it for employment purposes.

If you need, I have the number of Jeff Slater, last Chief Pilot before they shut down. He's been a fantastic Point Of Contact to verify employment for previous EOI guys. PM me for details...

That is correct, they sent out letters and it had a specific date to reply by to get your records. They sent me a folder with my original training record that they had on file.

I believe you are correct about their shutdown date, so I don't think it will be required. You will still have to list it on your 10 year forms, but training records are not required per PRIA after 5 years.

From the FAA website. As stated above, records are only required for the past 5 years.

22. If a previous employer is no longer in business or has entered into bankruptcy, how is a PRIA request to that previous employer to be completed?
The statutes of PRIA do provide for an entity to hire, and allow a pilot to begin service, after a good faith attempt has been made. If a previous employer is no longer in business, or has filed for bankruptcy, 49 U.S.C. § 44703(h)(14)(B) provides for the hiring entity to document a good faith attempt by mailing the appropriate request forms to the last known address of the previous employer or the trustee of the entity in bankruptcy, via United Stated Postal Service with a request for a certified, return receipt. Once the receipt has been returned as undeliverable, it is maintained in the pilot/applicant’s PRIA-related records file, just as any other requested record would be. After the certified, return receipt has been received, if the hiring entity still wants to extend an offer of employment to the pilot/applicant, they may be hired and begin service 30 days after the original request was made. However, the pilot/applicant may not begin service until the good faith attempt has been completed and documented.

From what I hear, those Maccau contracts should be starting anytime. We should all get recalled soon.

If you need, I have the number of Jeff Slater, last Chief Pilot before they shut down. He's been a fantastic Point Of Contact to verify employment for previous EOI guys. PM me for details...

Never worked at EOI, but I gotta pile on about Jeff. Great guy and easily one of the nicest folks I've met in Aviation.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back