Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Drill Sgt. Dad

Fugitive Recovery Agent
I have an interview with Express jet, what's the scoop on working there? Schedules? Quality of life? The good? bad? ugly? I am a furloughed FLYI driver.

tons and tons of info on here just search "expressjet" and you will get everything you need. Its a great place to work. Lots of INDY people here great group of pilots. Good luck on the interview. I got a buddy interviewing on the 13th.

Easy Mac said:
Be sure to bring your bad attitude and sense of entitlement to the interview!!!

Shall we be "out of line" and have our egos writing checks our body can't cash? I hope not, because that would make us.....dangerous.

We have been hiring strong for the last years. We are actually upgrading a few 2004 hires. But our staffing goal is almost achieved. We are only losing about a hundred or so more senior guys to CAL. You apparently have been around long enough to figure out what that means. I'm on reserve and I may be for quite some time, but I'm in CLE which is very senior for Captains. I average about 30-40 hours a month flying. CLE is junior for Fo's trying to hold a line, then EWR, then IAH. They are planning on reducing the lines in CLE for whatever reason.

The good...the wide diversity of the flying you will do...Short hops :30min, Long hops 4hr+, Int'l, Guatamala, Mexico, Canada, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland. I had a trip where I overnighted in Villahermosa Mexico and the next day I overnighted in Toronto Canada. OH, and a great training department

The bad...Airport Standby for 5 hours but only 4 hrs credit, Duty Period Min is 2 hours. Crew scheduling in general;) Being Junior always sucks anyway. 22.00 dollars an hour new-hire pay.

The Ugly...Cleveland winters, Houston summer, Newark all year:nuts: .

Last edited:
With 10,000 hours, you might try your luck at CAL. But thats for another forum right?;)

Good Luck either way.

ERfly said:
Shall we be "out of line" and have our egos writing checks our body can't cash? I hope not, because that would make us.....dangerous.

Ole Easys' been sampling that stuff that he's flying out of Hong Kong.

Latest resources

Back