• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Express Jet last flight @ TLC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We don't fly into TLC anymore? I didn't know that... Sucks.

Texan Aviator there will be less Mexico for you guys! yup it sucks!

let me give you the routes that no more Express jet going to come down here.

TLC is gone as well as MZT and I think one or two others.

When I was in TLC a few weeks ago I asked them and they said officially its because MEX is so close. Then the guy says "I dont think a CAL management person has ever tried to drive from MEX to TLC. It takes like 3 hours even though its only 50 miles(or whatever he said)."

Rumor is we will start some of them up from Denver to spite the city of Houston. MZT might be one of those.

I enjoyed the Mexico flying when I was with Xjet. A lot of guys avoided it like the plauge but I actually had good times going down to small towns that I would probably never have otherwise. Back during my time flying those routes I remember we pulled out of a little town up in the mountains called Zacatecas. That was a really neat place, but I knew it wasn't gonna last when on one occasion we had only ONE pax for the flight down, and NOBODY on the way back. That was the only time I did a scheduled flight with not a single passenger on the plane..

But all the coke in the cargo area made up for the lack of pax.

These days, no matter where we go in Mexico it's FULL.

I am not trying to be a smartass, but what is the big deal about a regional ending service to Toluca? I just don't get this water cannon and nostalgic hubbub.

edit; typo

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back