Express Jet Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alchemy said:
You're right, they aren't. The plane in general isn't that difficult to fly, which is why you can put low time pilots in it.
probably made it easier that you had a huge chip on your shoulder to counteract the engine-out yaw effects

Well most of the cappys i fly with were previous CFIs also and were hired with around the same times as people are getting hired now. Most of our Capt where hired late 90s, 2000. Early 90s was a different story. The main reason why hiring low time people happens is because the initial pay isnt great and also lower time guys will more likely to stick around a while. I was hired with 1000 and 210 from instructing in central texas in the summer on hot concrete barefoot.

Superpilot92 said:
Well most of the cappys i fly with were previous CFIs also and were hired with around the same times as people are getting hired now. Most of our Capt where hired late 90s, 2000. Early 90s was a different story. The main reason why hiring low time people happens is because the initial pay isnt great and also lower time guys will more likely to stick around a while. I was hired with 1000 and 210 from instructing in central texas in the summer on hot concrete barefoot.

Did you have to walk uphill both ways to the airport? ;)

"If that's true then it's pretty bad. I've never heard of that. It seems like I would have heard about it working here for the past year or so and trying to help friends get hired. I'll look into it when I get some more time."

From the FSA website, FSA direct entry guys at Express Jet:

Terry Datillio (AATP)
Phil Keeter (AATP)
Mat Donahue (AATP)
Justin Shull (AATP)
Robert Munson (AATP)
Barry Lawrence (AATP)
Chad Twogood (AATP)

From FSA's website, FAQ's:

Advanced Airline Training Program (Direct Track)

How many hours do I need?

Two of the regional airlines that participate in the FlightSafety Academy AAT Program, ASA and Trans Sates, require only a Commercial Instrument Multi-engine rating. No minimum hours are required.

American Eagle requires a Commercial Instrument Multi-Engine rating with at least 339 total hours and 39 hours of multi.

ExpressJet requires a Commercial Instrument Multi-Engine rating with at least 400 total hours and 100 hours of multi.

With regards to the Flight safety program, its not as simple as this little peice makes it sound. I know someone who attended that program and then went onto ASA. Now keep in mind this is ASA, no XJT, but he was not hired until he had atleast 6 months of experience in a flying job. That meant he had to go instruct for half year.

Obviously not that same as instructing for 1200 hours, I am just saying, lets tell it like it is....

SkyBoy1981 said:
Poor guy. Did he get through that okay? Must have been a living hell.

Ok, let me rephrase my comment. No one is getting hired at 400 hours...

msuspartans24 said:
Right.....single engine landings are SO HARD on the erj

Do you actually have anything constructive to add to the discussion other than silly little sarcastic comments?

"I am just saying, lets tell it like it is...."

"No one is getting hired at 400 hours..."

As I mentioned in my post, I was quoting the FSA website. I have no other source of information. That's why we have these conversations, to get to the truth of the matter. Perhaps the FSA website should tell it like it is, then? I don't remember reading anything about having to work as a CFI for six months if you do the direct track program.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back