• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Express Jet Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
de727ups I said 250 hour F/O's are baby sat for their first couple hundred hours. I think that's wrong and it's not necessary that airlines hire such low time pilots. But said:
This is what I was referring to, tossing out a figure like 250 TT. Now again, I can only speak on experience at ASA, but no one there is getting hired anywhere near that figure, including the FSA, Embry Ridlle interns or ASA employees. The FSA program does put out some good pilots from what I have seen, too bad I cant say the same for some other programs out there.

Back to the real topic of the post, from what friends have told me, XJET really wants you to know the mexican approach plates and then the basic interview stuff that you find in any interview. Hope that helps.

Let me step in here with a little question. These mythical mexican approach plates. Where might one put their hands on some? Are they for sale at the local pilot shop or do I need to go to Juarez like I do for my hooch? Thanks!:)

bptham said:
Let me step in here with a little question. These mythical mexican approach plates. Where might one put their hands on some? Are they for sale at the local pilot shop or do I need to go to Juarez like I do for my hooch? Thanks!:)
Know any XJT pilots?

You could fly to MExico before your interview and get some down there

It would also boost your ME time . . .

. . . just giving you a hard time. I started my CFI career at about 700 TT

Does anybody know if Express Jet requires a certain amount of time in the proceeding six months? I graduated from college in December and didn’t have a lot of time to fly this past fall. I have about 40 hours in the past six months and flew regularly this summer. I responded to their e-mail last week and haven’t heard anything else and wondered if that’s why.

Know a guy at my outfit that did the FSI thing and got hired with 220tt!! Had been a 121 dispatcher prior, but still.... As far as I have heard, he has his sh!t together in the cockpit. The other "Academy" wunderkind I rode the jumpseat with was as clueless as a poor student on their first X-C. The IP had all but given up on him and was just trying to get through the days flights. It wont be a problem at my company, but what happens when these folks hit the seniority lottery at one of these places where folks are crowing about the "quick upgrades"? 1500tt and a fresh ATP/type and 1000-1200 in an RJ? With another 250hr superpilot riding shotgun? I dont like the sound of that.

I cant judge anyone who gets into this gig as soon as possible, unfortunately seniority is everything in this career. Im glad I taught for 2 years and 1800hrs. I gave every student my all, and went out of my way to do things that earned me some good experience too. My plan was to then scare myself regularly for a year or two flying boxes, but I am getting into this game as a 3rd career, and I wimped out and took the opportunity I was given.

You folks who are young and have plenty of time for a career, here is some advice a guy gave me: Dont plan on going to an airline until you have taught for at least 3000hrs. Do this and you will be a better pilot:
- 1000+ learning to really instruct/ getting your flying skills really sharp,
- 1000+ teaching instruments and getting as much IMC with those students as possible(staying ahead of the airplane is one thing, but staying ahead of a student who is way behind the plane in IMC is quite another), and
- 1000 teaching multi (this part is getting harder and harder with insurance requirements- Ive heard of schools that require 300ME to teach mutli!, but I think at least 200-300+). And teaching, not just splitting time and riding around.

Have some pride in yourself and be the best you can.
My 2cents. Here endeth the pontification.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back