Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bptham

Hey guys,
Looking for a little advice as usual. I just received an email from expressjet about a questionnaire for an interview. I have filled it out and I am expecting to receive a phone call about an interview shortly. What should I do to prepare for the interview? Thanks in advance...

bptham said:
Hey guys,
Looking for a little advice as usual. I just received an email from expressjet about a questionnaire for an interview. I have filled it out and I am expecting to receive a phone call about an interview shortly. What should I do to prepare for the interview? Thanks in advance...
Get all the info here under pilot gouge... www.aviationinterviews.com
Key points are systems on current most compex aircraft, Jepps - including Mexican approaches and high alt enroute charts, and situational questions.
Good luck

Last edited:
TEXAN AVIATOR said:
Key points are systems on current most compex aircraft, Jepps - including Mexican approaches and high alt enroute charts, and situational questions.
Good luck

Mostly true, A friend of mine got asked about the dutches he had 100 hours in, even though he had 500 hours in a 402. He still got the job.
I on the other hand was asked to tell them about an emergency I had, no systems questions at all.

Last edited:
msuspartans24 said:
yeah, because once you hit 1000TT you turn into a SUPERPILOT and make their jobs so easy.

You're right. Experience means nothing. Hell, why don't we just hire them as soon as they get their commercial certificate. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
"Hell, why don't we just hire them as soon as they get their commercial certificate"

Sometimes you do. See the Flight Safety Academy direct track program that advertisies Express Jet jobs at 400 total and 100 multi....commercial multi. How does that make you feel?

The pay is commesurate with experience. Expressjet starting pay isn't very good (although it is better than most regionals, sad) so obviously the majority of people willing to take the job are going to be fairly inexperienced.

I was hired at less than 1000 hours. I landed one of our airplanes single engine a few weeks ago with a nearly full load of paying customers in the back. I guess being a low time newhire does not mean complete and utter incompetence after all.

How does that make you feel?

Just fine. If they can pass the sims and IOE, they can handle emergency situations at an acceptable level. The rest can be learned on the job. Suck it up, captains. That's why you make triple what we do. Vote on a better contract next time if you don't like it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back