Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

theo

BluDevAv8r said:
This is not the case at all. It is not a "scare tactic" in the least. It is a very real situation and CAL has already been talking to potential bidders. XJT management is working 24/7 to find another home for those 69 airplanes.

-Neal

Well good luck with that. In todays environment finding a taker for 50 seat jets aint gonna be easy. In fact it is darn near impossible. What do you do? Try Europe, Asia and South America?

Assuming Express Jet loses the 69 planes or whatever it is does this mean furloughs? I would assume this. I know they are hiring because they have to until this actually takes place and who knows if it really will or not. My question is do the people who are getting hired right now made aware of this?

GEORGE DUBYA said:
Assuming Express Jet loses the 69 planes or whatever it is does this mean furloughs? I would assume this. I know they are hiring because they have to until this actually takes place and who knows if it really will or not. My question is do the people who are getting hired right now made aware of this?

Probably around 550 give or take 50 consider that 4 crews per plane.

It won't happen. This is just a tactic by CAL that will scare the XJTers into taking a pay-cut. Which they will take of course, much like comair they have big words but nothing to back it up.

wmudriver said:
how far back would the furloughs go for 69 planes? Hope that doesn't happen.

According to a Union rep, XJet doesn't base pilot staffing numbers on total airframes but on block hours flown for CAL. However, it just so happens that it works out to about 10-11 pilots per airplane, just like most other regional operations. You can do the math to get a total.

As far as how "far back", late spring to early summer 2005 at current levels.

AdamCooper,

Thanks for the AVATAR, I now cannot let my kids sit next to me while on here. And I thought the avatar police were cleaning things up.

i was just hired on tues. There was no mention of the 69 planes by anyone at expressjet during the interview process. My buddy that was hiried in dec. 04 said he was going to update his resume. Word round the campfire isnt good. I'm going to jump ship if I get another offer.

Windsor said:
Word round the campfire isnt good. I'm going to jump ship if I get another offer.

Uhhhh . . . to where? ASA? Mesaba? Mesa? GJets? It might be better to be at a happy airline with job insecurity than at a problem regional with job. . . oh wait a minute, insecurity.

AdamKooper said:
Probably around 550 give or take 50 consider that 4 crews per plane.

It won't happen. This is just a tactic by CAL that will scare the XJTers into taking a pay-cut. Which they will take of course, much like comair they have big words but nothing to back it up.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=75278&page=2

That's funny. Are you not the same guy that said around 600 pilots will be furloughed at the end of the year? Just out of curiousity, where do you work? I seriously doubt you, or your MEC, has anything to back up any tought talk or holding the line if it comes down to it at your company.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back