• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tram

RaarR! SLM will getcha!!
Hey guys-

I am currently plastering the wall of our "crashpad" with expired sectionals.. Trying to cover the whole of the USA and in my search for sectionals, I thought I would turn to who else - but a group of pilots..

So.. I'm looking for sectionals - recently expired.. Anyone care to throw a few of these in the mail to me? :)

Jeff

You have a WAC you wanna start the project with? :)

Tram,

The best place is to go by pilot supply shops / flight schools. The one I used to work at would cut the tabs (2"x4" part showing the expiration date) and mail those back for a partial refund. Then the sectionals/WACs/TACs/enroute charts would go into the recycling. Sometimes we'd dump over 100 charts. And we were definately not the only flight school doing this.

Go in and ask them if you could grab their expired charts, more than likely they'd be happy to give them to you just to get them off of their hands.

Go in and ask them if you could grab their expired charts, more than likely they'd be happy to give them to you just to get them off of their hands.

Usually they make you cut off the tabs though.... A good deal, if ya really need it :)

I have some extra NY, Washington and Detroit charts. Willing to trade for some west coast, Hawiian, AK or Carib if anyone is interested.

I am thinking of only doing WAC's.. I haven't really started collecting them up yet, so I am open to donations. :)

Martha Stewart tip #243: Those old sectionals make great wrapping paper for your aviators buddies at birthdays and Christmas.

can only flight schools that order a million sectionals get the rebate from clipping the sectional or can regular single pilots do it too?

Latest resources

Back