• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expired CFI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I never had any lesson plans. I've certainly never used one with a student. On my original checkride, the Inspector asked about one, and I drew one up on a chalk board and presented part of the lesson to him, but for other instructor intial and reinstatement rides...no lesson plans. Didn't own any, didn't take any, didn't use any, nobody cared. The inspectors and examiners did care if I could teach, but not about what gimmicks might be in the bag.

Just an interesting tidbit

I ran into one of our FSDO guys up here and it turns out that my expired CFI friend is a check airman where he works and the fed said he could ride along when he's acting as check airman and that would be enough for a reinstatement. Probably varies quite a lot from FSDO to FSDO though.

A check airman goes through training and a check ride to become a check airman. They also get rechecked on a regular basis by the FSDO. If the Inspector can fulfill the re-check requirements during an observation after observing the C/A training and certification, then all the requirements are met. It is not uncommon to administer a multi CFI ride during a check airmans training/checking if he doesn't have one already. Remember to be a check airman you do not have to be a CFI because you are working off your ATP certificate not your CFI certificate.

It's good to be a check airman...

JAFI

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back