Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Never Trust A Monkey
Hello-

Rather then running down to the pilot shop every 56 days, or paying for overnight shipping, can I use a NOAA approach chart past the effective dates? NACO/FAA now publishes current charts online that we can simply print out. Instead of taking all the "expired" charts out of my binder, and replacing them with new ones, can I check the chart number on the plate of the new ones? If it matches the "expired" chart, I can still use it legally, right?

Mike

Sure.

It's actually easier than that. There are options on the NACO site to select only those charts that have been added or changed or deleted since the last cycle. Do it every cycle and you can keep your chart set current.

Ok. I just saw that the FAA has put out the changes effective on the 19th. On the NACO site, searched by volume and saw that PNE was on the list. However, the amdt number is the same as the chart dated to expire on the 19th. If it did change, shouldn't the amdt number be one higher? In fact, I can't even find any changes.

Last edited:
I've seen that also, and wondered about it. They only change the Amendment number if there's a substantive change to the procedure. I have not looked that carefully and am not completely sure, but there may be some minor changes, such as a new chart format, that would produce a new chart but not an amendment of the procedure.

Latest resources

Back