• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expected MESA shutdown?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But what happens if they can't pay the bondholders? Do they have the market cap to continue borrowing? How can they continue to issue shares ad-infinitum?
No equity=no working capital.

I believe Mesa is down to it last 15-20 mil before it "has" to file. But if the bond holders give him a pass and they work something out with Delta they can limp along for a while.

Here's a better question....

What will actually happen if they DO go T-U?

The vultures will descend and pick up the pieces, hopefully at a higher level of remuneration for services by holding the majors feet to the fire more than MESA could. There will be a severe depletion of connecting service capacity due to the fact that MESA is so large, and a lot of RJs listed on the aviation equivalent of Ebay!

Last edited:
I see this discussion over and over again and I always wonder why people think Mesa would just shut down and liquidate without first going into bankruptcy. Isn't it more likely that Mesa would go into bankruptcy, restructure, and then continue as a somewhat smaller company?

Maybe J.O. will get busted in 'Vegas, just trying to get his "property" back by means of armed robbery!

-Wouldn't that be awesome!?!

Latest resources

Back