• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expected MESA shutdown?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sometimes it's better to start a fresh thread than to resurrect a much hackneyed older thead just because some random "use the search feature" :rolleyes: Nazi said so.

:bomb: :uzi:

( I bet that you're one of those that guard the guard frequency to jump on anyone that transmits on 121.5)

No, I'm the young sounding guy who guards 121.5 from the guard guards.

NO, YOU'RE ON GUARD

similar to

NO, YOU'RE A TOWEL

Last edited:
A more interesting situation would be the bondholders bail out Mesa on the condition that JO resign and divest from MESA and MESA HOLDINGS.

Ah the sound rings in the ears of many.

You are 100% incorrect about this. I know for a FACT that DL's contract with Mesa stipulates that a change of ownership or Bankruptcy is immediate terms for cancellation of the contract with no penalty or notice.

I am not saying it is not in the contract, I am saying bankruptcy law says those provisions are not enforceable. Think about it, every contract would say that and it would make bankruptcy laws meaningless.

Mesa and the cockeroach will outlive everyone.

Truer words have never been spoken brah!

Honestly I predict that not only will they stay around but they will be hiring not too long ago.

I am not saying it is not in the contract, I am saying bankruptcy law says those provisions are not enforceable. Think about it, every contract would say that and it would make bankruptcy laws meaningless.

You are completely confused. Being in BK allows you to void contracts which cause YOU to have an obligation to another party...ie if you have a long-term contract with a hotel or fuel vendor you can void it. Or a pilot contract...

YOU being in BK does NOT void contracts you have with YOUR customers...BK cannot force YOUR customers to keep doing business with you under terms to which they never agreed.

All regional lift contracts have a BK void clause, and a BK regional cannot selectively delete the BK void clause but chose to keep that part of the contract which requires that your customer to pay you!

Again...BK allows you to get out of paying people whom you owe money to, or get out of contracts which would require you to pay money to other people. It does NOT force anyone to pay YOU money.

You are completely confused. Being in BK allows you to void contracts which cause YOU to have an obligation to another party...ie if you have a long-term contract with a hotel or fuel vendor you can void it. Or a pilot contract...

YOU being in BK does NOT void contracts you have with YOUR customers...BK cannot force YOUR customers to keep doing business with you under terms to which they never agreed.

All regional lift contracts have a BK void clause, and a BK regional cannot selectively delete the BK void clause but chose to keep that part of the contract which requires that your customer to pay you!

Again...BK allows you to get out of paying people whom you owe money to, or get out of contracts which would require you to pay money to other people. It does NOT force anyone to pay YOU money.

It sounds like you know what you are talking about but does that necessarily mean Mesa's customers would automatically dump them if they are still the cheapest out there?

It sounds like you know what you are talking about but does that necessarily mean Mesa's customers would automatically dump them if they are still the cheapest out there?

Well they might based on stability and confidence.

Latest resources

Back