• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

expected JetBlue New Hire normal work days

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have an interview with JB coming up in a couple of weeks....

I wanting to know what kind of schedule I would most likely see, Im not located at a base, so i would have to commute out from CLT or RDU. Im thinking it would normaly run like a 4 on and 3 off and 3 on 4 off ect....

my question is, working the 4 on and 3 off.....it seems to me that i would have to be commuting on two of my days off? or does the company usually give you a late start on day one and an early shutdown on the last duty day?

Any thoughts or expriences from other on how JetBlue usuallly runs the reserve lines?

Obviously you see some friction here about our new work rules manual. There will be days you can commute same day...and some times you'll waste some off days. I'm a line holder and I normally get trips with one day commutable...sometimes both ends are. I live in ATL...no JB here. RDU and CLT has a LOT of JB guys. Lots of former USAirways fellas. CLT is the hardest to get out of. I'd stick with RDU...a few guys I know head to CAE...they live between there and RDU.

Bottom line...most of us don't fully agree with most of the stuff in our new manual. I'm guessing after a few months with the manual "live", we will get some changes. I like working here. Is it perfect? No. Better than other places...mostly. If you make it...I think you'll like it here.

Good luck on your interview. Don't let these other guys get you down.

Obviously you see some friction here about our new work rules manual. There will be days you can commute same day...and some times you'll waste some off days. I'm a line holder and I normally get trips with one day commutable...sometimes both ends are. I live in ATL...no JB here. RDU and CLT has a LOT of JB guys. Lots of former USAirways fellas. CLT is the hardest to get out of. I'd stick with RDU...a few guys I know head to CAE...they live between there and RDU.

Bottom line...most of us don't fully agree with most of the stuff in our new manual. I'm guessing after a few months with the manual "live", we will get some changes. I like working here. Is it perfect? No. Better than other places...mostly. If you make it...I think you'll like it here.

I agree but I would be between CAE and CLT rather than RDU. JB might be tight out of CLT but many options to LGA, PHL, DCA-LGA (shuttle) etc.. on Airways.

Skysurfer,

To ask what your schedule will be like on RSV and commuting is foolish. It's gonna suck no matter how you look at it. So don't ask. Drink the juice if you want the job.

Good luck to ya!

Last edited:

JetBlue is great. SUPER GREAT. DUPER even.

Last edited:
If you live in base on reserve its a totally different company.....now heading into the busy months, I'm on reserve at least 2 days on the weekend, (usually hold all weekends off). Its all different depending on base and aircraft.

Don't forget seniority!!

What's a weekend? I have work and no work days. That said, I have no kids and a boat. The lakes and rivers are nice durring the week, plus the strippers are off!:pimp:

thanks guys, just trying to get a feel for things...thanks for the imput...

The 'm' and 'n' keys are right next to eachother on the keyboard, right? Guess it was just a typo and that you really didn't think that imput is a word.:)

GP

Latest resources

Back