Expats @ Regionals ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bafanguy

Found the statement below from an apparent expat flying for some US regional. He claims the airline got him an H1B visa. I've never heard that before. The only airline I've seen admit to trying to import expats was Republic back in January...and they said it was NOT successful.

I have yet to see any US operator clearly state they're "sponsoring" or even helping people get visas. Not sure why any airline would try/need to hide that if they're doing it.

The E-3 visa limited to Australians has been used in places but the circumstances under which Aussies were successful are not all that clear.

The guy said:

"The falsehoods about airlines not sponsoring work visas are amusing, because I want to give the reality. I am working for a US regional right now, and they sponsored my H1B work visa. A pilot DOES qualify for a H1B under the technicalities of immigration law. The only key is if a company wants to."

I'll guess Republic.

Even 1 is too many!:angryfire:bomb::uzi::puke:

Well, anger is properly directed at those government and management types who contributed to making a regional spot so unattractive that expats were brought in.

Airlines exist to make money for owners/stockholders by running a business plan (and no other reason). If it's necessary to bring in expats to do that, I say bring 'em in.

Blame the suits. :D

This from an outfit named EagleJet. I'm not familiar them but they appear to be soliciting Aussies on behalf of US operators ? I don't see any US operator admitting to soliciting expats:

AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS ONLY Dear Pilot,

Please note only Australian citizens with at least 1000 hours total time can have access to the following employment opportunities in the USA. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Eagle Jet International is now assisting Australian citizens with at least 1000 hours total time and holding a 4 year Bachelor degree (each year of the 4 year Bachelor degree can be replaced by 2 to 3 years of aviation experience as a pilot) to be employed by some of our American Part 135 partner air carriers with renewable 2 year employment contracts for the following positions depending on our partner airlines needs:

• Turboprop Captain (Beech 99, Beech 1900, Metroliner III, etc.)
  • Multiengine Captain (Navajo, Chieftain, C402, etc.)
  • Heavy Turboprop First Officer (Brasilia, etc.)
Only if you are an Australian citizen with at least 1000 hours total time and are willing to relocate to the USA for a full time employment contract, please email the following:

• License & Ratings
  • Passport
  • Last 6 Logbook Pages
  • Aviation Resume including the following breakdown:
    • Total Aircraft Time
    • Total Cross Country Time
    • Total Instrument Time
    • Total Night Time
    • Total Pilot in Command Time
    • Total Simulator Time

After careful review of your documents by Eagle Jet International and its partner airlines, we will let you know if you can be considered for one of the above full time employment positions.

** No Telephone Calls Please. No further information to be provided at this stage.
Position, Employment Package details, Airline, Base, etc. will only be indicated to pilots whose documents have been selected depending on positions available.**

Try to go get a flying job in Australia and see what happens...

Latest resources

Back