Exec parties as Flops drops 50

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shanes123

BT was enjoying a much deserved vacation riding around in a Flops Beechjet with his wife as Flops furloughed another 50 some pilots I hear. Whats that Union doing for you guys?

You hear form where?

How about a source. If it is true this sucks, and it just doesn't get any better.

If not. Stop the freakin rumors. These times are difficult enough without the hearsay.

Best of luck to all.

You hear form where?

How about a source. If it is true this sucks, and it just doesn't get any better.

If not. Stop the freakin rumors. These times are difficult enough without the hearsay.

Best of luck to all.

I would never name my source. But its a good one. Also If you dont believe it why dont you investigate yourself? I dont have to answer to you or anyone else If you are still empnoyed at flops I would suggest jumping ship by sept..

Most likely is true. Also, if true, he paid for it and it wasn't free, as per IRS laws.

I don't see the conflict.

I am not a tax lawyer but I doubt he paid for it. The cost of utilizing a private plane is above his pay grade. Probably the 50 laid off paid for it..But keep drinking the kool aide..I figure thats all thats left there anyway is the senior kool aide drinkers. I know all my friends are gone

I am not a tax lawyer but I doubt he paid for it. The cost of utilizing a private plane is above his pay grade.
Since you're not a "tax lawyer", what are you basing your opinion on? Bitterness? Envy? As easy as that sometimes is, it does not reveal the truth. IRS rules stipulate that the cost/value of the personal use of business aircraft by employees must be added to said employee's income. It is normally added as some sort of imputed income and then taxed. So if the flew a 400 for 3 hours at the company's cost of $2k per hour, then BT owes taxes on $6k of imputed income.

The income would have been computed at the SIFL rate, so his income was less than $1K.

Actually, it would have been around $3500, depending on legs and miles and pax variables...

This is the formula...

Passengers x ((300% x .2312 x miles) + 42.26)
4 x ((3 x .2312 x 400) + 42.26)
1 hr flight in a beechjet with wife and 2 kids = $1280

Latest resources

Back