• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Exceeding limitations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm sure you don't intend it this way, but this is exactly how people get these sort of ideas.

They convince themselves that if it can do .99 and steep turns, what's the harm of doing .90 in a level descent?

falconpilot said:
Falcon 50 can go .99 and do steep turns... Never did it.... Just saw the video..

Avbug

I am afraid this string is living proof that AvBug is no longer with us. To bad as I can hear him now!

some_dude said:
I'm sure you don't intend it this way, but this is exactly how people get these sort of ideas. They convince themselves that if it can do .99 and steep turns, what's the harm of doing .90 in a level descent?
You're getting close to stepping on one of my "hot buttons". I can't tell you how many guys I've flown with who pay little, if any, attention to what the AFM says about setting power on 731 engines. The common error that I see is guys ignoring the N1 and using temperature or in some cases fuel flow. They run around on some ITT (usually max continuous) and then can't figure out why their particular airplane is 4 or 5 knots faster but doesn't have the range that the AFM says it should have.

'Sled

PHX767 said:
Hmmm... I flew with a guy like the CA described when I was at FLOPS. He left under less than savory circumstances. Since found something, I am sure. First initial wouldn't be M, would it?

No, I doubt many people know him. He's been running this same operation for a while and hasn't really worked anywhere else. He hired me when I had no turbine experience and got me typed, so I'm grateful for that, but I guess that still doesn't make it ok to stay here and just let him fly like that all the time when I'm a crewmember also. I'm still kind of torn about leaving, because I'll have my ATP in a couple months and then the insurance will let me fly left seat, and he doesn't want to do as much flying, so he won't be in the picture as much... oh well, any corporate pt. 91 people hiring in Arizona?

This sounds like the same boob I had the pleasure of aviating with in DSM. Get out before he kills you.

Good stuff GV. In simple terms I somehow recall the flutter cushion had to be tested @ production upto 8.43% above the published Mmo after it was determined. I asked my dad if he remembers from his test pilot days and he said that sounded familiar. Any thoughts?

It would be nice to know what the exact fudge factor is but then again, we'd prolly have to install wings off annunciators.

Last edited:
falconpilot said:
Falcon 50 can go .99 and do steep turns... Never did it.... Just saw the video..

NJAFracPilot said:
Total BS.

That's kind of what I thought as well; however...

I'm at FlightSafety as we speak going through Falcon 50 initial. This afternoon in class they showed the video that falconpilot mentioned. A couple of Dassault pilots took a Falcon 50 to FL430 @ M.80. They pushed it over to M.99 indicated (Mmo M.86) and did 45 degree banked turns left and right followed by a 2G pull-up. Pretty inpressive. So FracPilot, it wasn't BS.

'Sled

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back