• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Example: Difference betwen USA and other regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe there are only a few dominate airlines combined with the fact the their government still regulates the airline industry.

think back to the US airline industry when it was regulated.

Ohh, wait most of you were not born yet.

Are the OZ airlines subsidized in any form or fashion?

My company's pay rates were published when I took the job. I started this knowing what I'd be paid. So yeah, I'm OK with the payscale I knew I was entering when I started. If you aren't, why did you take the job?

What else am I going to do thatll pay $100K/yr for 15 days/month?

(answer: nothing)

Skycaps for starters.. Goggle dot com it.

Hurts your little nuts to think about it don't it?

What else am I going to do thatll pay $100K/yr for 15 days/month?

(answer: nothing)

And how long do you think it will take you to get to that point at Atlanta's Special Airline? You might just get within shouting distance of that $100K sitting left seat on the 700/900 after 15+ years (unless you're an ALPA rep) but if recent history is any indication the company will do everything in their power to make damn sure you're working 19-20 days/month to achieve it.

think back to the US airline industry when it was regulated.

Ohh, wait most of you were not born yet.

Are the OZ airlines subsidized in any form or fashion?

No.......I was born in the 60's bro. I'm old.

O the horror, you had to go 4 hours without stuffing your face. How did you ever recover?

Huh? Stuffing my face with what?
So you all think that the level of service, both to the people in the back, and to the pilots is the way it should be? We're doomed. FedEx take me away!!

Huh? Stuffing my face with what?
So you all think that the level of service, both to the people in the back, and to the pilots is the way it should be? We're doomed. FedEx take me away!!

It reflects what the pax are willing to pay and what we are willing to work for, so yes.

And how long do you think it will take you to get to that point at Atlanta's Special Airline? You might just get within shouting distance of that $100K sitting left seat on the 700/900 after 15+ years (unless you're an ALPA rep) but if recent history is any indication the company will do everything in their power to make damn sure you're working 19-20 days/month to achieve it.

You're forgetting to factor in the free lunches with Brad and Scott though. All you need to do is go on ourasa, make as much noise as you possibly can, and you too can be a member of the "Squeaky Wheel of the Month Lunch Club."

Latest resources

Back