Example: Difference betwen USA and other regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

73belair

I'm here in Australia and had to fly a Qantas Link Q400 for a 1 hr flight up the East coast from Sydney.
After departure the FAs served every one a little snack box with about 5 different little snacks in them plus water. They then also served beverages. They also brought the pilots their crew meals to eat ON THE 1 HR FLIGHT.

In the US on the way here ORD-LAX 4 hr flight on mainline AMR. 2 beverage services, not even a single snack.

We suck.

very little competition in Australia compared to the US. How many carriers fly ORD-LAX?

very little competition in Australia compared to the US. How many carriers fly ORD-LAX?

For the population I don't think that is true. Last time i was there there were about 4-5 different airlines competeing for some if the same business. The entire popupation of Australia is a bit over 20mil.

I'm here in Australia and had to fly a Qantas Link Q400 for a 1 hr flight up the East coast from Sydney.
After departure the FAs served every one a little snack box with about 5 different little snacks in them plus water. They then also served beverages. They also brought the pilots their crew meals to eat ON THE 1 HR FLIGHT.

In the US on the way here ORD-LAX 4 hr flight on mainline AMR. 2 beverage services, not even a single snack.

We suck.

How many people, per capita, in Australia get to enjoy employment as an airline pilot?

I'm guessing it's a lot higher in the USA.

My further guess is that if this were Australia, you'd have some other (or NO) job.

Personally, I'm happy having an airline job with very few crew meals and 90%+ load factor on the planes I fly.

How many people, per capita, in Australia get to enjoy employment as an airline pilot?

I'm guessing it's a lot higher in the USA.

My further guess is that if this were Australia, you'd have some other (or NO) job.

Personally, I'm happy having an airline job with very few crew meals and 90%+ load factor on the planes I fly.

I guess you are also satisfied making crap wages..... Just sayin....

I guess you are also satisfied making crap wages..... Just sayin....

My company's pay rates were published when I took the job. I started this knowing what I'd be paid. So yeah, I'm OK with the payscale I knew I was entering when I started. If you aren't, why did you take the job?

What else am I going to do thatll pay $100K/yr for 15 days/month?

(answer: nothing)

Latest resources

Back