EWN pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

avl_pilot

Hey everyone, well I got the news a couple of weeks ago that I'm the lone new hire that is coming to New Bern (which is great since I lived in Greenville, NC for almost 20 years) and I was just trying to get to know some of the pilots based there. If your based there and you have any advise on where to live/things to do etc... I'd be greatful for the information. Feel free to PM me as well.

You will like the base since you are from the Area! We have a great group of pilots in the EWN... bunch of good ole' boys!! Got some new Captains coming in from base closures, but everyone you will fly with here is good.
Summer time is nice, me and few other pilots hang out on our boats and waverunners... You can still live in G-Vages and commute, its only a 40 minute drive and the if your single you will like Greenville better!!
PM if you have any more questions!!! And Welcome to the big town of NEW BERN!!!

Last edited:
finally! somebody to hang out with when i sit 6 days and don't do chit... i stay at a crashpad about 4 or 5 miles from the airport. still haven't found anything to do and i've been here for 4 months. i am trying to find some good fishing spots though. so if anybody can help out in this department it would be greatly appreciated.

I wont use his name, but stay away from the tall FO from kinston, he's nothing but trouble. He's gotten me into a couple of dicey situations, im glad im still here to tell the stories. Bad, bad influence.

Last edited:
Ho, I live on the water and have a dock (140') so I will get up with you if you wanna fish in my backyard!! I was out there yesterday and notta! bite!! Nice day however!!
Don't worry, bunch of fishin, boating, waverunning etc. etc. at my house this summer!! Had a nice July 4 party last year!! Nice view of the Fireworks from my Dock!!

Hey, big man, Ass-teca tonight? New hires should be game, with the FOM out of the way.

Any of ya'll going to be at the new hire welcome wagon dinner? If so, I'll give you the warning about staying away from WSurf. He can't even keep himself from getting banned from this forum.

Hey Surf, send me the good news when it happens. We'll put something on the website. An EWN FA told me you'd be a daddy by the middle of the week.

OPECJet said:
Any of ya'll going to be at the new hire welcome wagon dinner? If so, I'll give you the warning about staying away from WSurf. He can't even keep himself from getting banned from this forum.

Hey Surf, send me the good news when it happens. We'll put something on the website. An EWN FA told me you'd be a daddy by the middle of the week.

Sure thing!! Wife is a nightmare right now!!! lol, I will let ya know!

The union dinner! They take all the new hires out.... Remember to Order the most expensive item!! I had the steak and lobster!!! It's like a introductory dinner to your 1000.00 a year magazine you are about to purchase!!!!

Latest resources

Back