Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ToiletDuck

Ninja
How many of you guys have this book? I just recieved it and while it is a little underline and bold happy I do consider it a great book. Some of the information is duplicated which at first I thought wasn't a good idea but then I realized that a lot of new pilots might just look under a certain subject so something important relating to more than one thing should be located in more than one place.

Anywho I've just been reading through it, I'm about half way (skipping all the IFR related material at the moment), and I have to say I give this book two thumbs up. Very in depth with great rules of thumb as well as the resources he uses to find his information for every topic. Great refresher for those that haven't studied up in a while. Anyone else have any say so's about this book? I did a search and didn't find it mentioned and I think it's a shame such a good book and huge effort on the authors part should go unnoticed. He even puts his cell phone in there in case you have any questions! Never had anyone do that before. I highly recommend it :D

Duck

I worked with a company that was obtaining 135 certification. In short order, some real misunderstandings regarding regulation became apparent from the DO-to-be, on down. I showed the DO a copy of Everything Explained, and loaned it to him. He purchased a copy, then another, and soon bought one for each member of management, and each worker in the office at his location. He seemed quite pleased with it.

. ...- .. .-../.... .--. -.. .../.- .-. ./. ...- .. .-../-... ..- -/-. --- -/-. . -.-. . ... ... .- .-. .. .-.. -.--/.... .- .--. .--. -.--

121.525(b) applies to supplemental ops because it's listed under Subpart S of Part 121, which covers supplemental operations. This subparagraph doesn't prescribe the flight and duty limitations for crews that serve in several capacities, but rather defines the types of service, and then refers the reader back to prior paragraphs that have already set for the the appropriate time and duty limitations.

It's not a limiting paragraph, but a defining one.

ToiletDuck said:
but then I realized that a lot of new pilots might just look under a certain subject so something important relating to more than one thing should be located in more than one place.

This is nice for just new pilots?

Is a new pilot someone who has less than 300 hours?

Latest resources

Back