Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

StaySeated

IBT does not represent ME
Two pilot groups had the opportunity to do something great, and failed.

There is quite a lot of propaganda and hyperbole surrounding the SWA/F9 bid. I have been a big proponent of the SWA path, for obvious reasons. Unfortunately it did not materialize. Disappointing to say the least.

What I find almost as disappointing is the pathetic back and forth between what I hope are not actual, living, breathing professional pilots that work for F9 or SWA. Come on people. You do not know the facts. You may have been provided one side of the story, but a majority of what I have read on here regarding the "negotiations" is significantly flawed and inaccurate. As much as I wanted to partner with SWA, the proposal that was offered contained numerous fatal flaws.

What is done is done. Or in this case, not done.

Best of luck to the gents at SWA. Sincerely.

As for us at F9, I actually saw people hi-five and cheer that Republic "won". Cheering? Republic? This is like a nightmare, but when you wake up from the bad dream your reality is actually worse.

We will know more in 1 year, and again in about 5 years.

Very sorry to hear this news.
Being on the bottom of SWA would probably have been better to being part of Republic.

Even a staple with fences would be better~

Oh well

You Sir are a true professional.

I sincerely apologize my the tone in some of my posts. I TRY to remember that at the end of the day there are husbands, dads and mortgage payers flying the jet and posting on these boards.

Thanks for the attitude adjustment,
Gup

It is unfortunate that time constraints probably left both sides with little time to consider some level of compromise.

Best of luck to all.

I'm sorry, what did SWA lose here?

It is over and done with , but what the heck...

Growth vs. a reduction in capacity

Denver, competitive advantage (revenue)

Denver, domicile (QOL)

Furlough protection (Craig Johnson goes from having 700 below him to having his toes hang off the edge)

$$$, well over $100 Million that was restricted cash that becomes unrestricted after exit

The list for F9 losses (for a portion of the seniority list, mid to senior FO's basically) is longer, but you asked about SWA.

Two pilot groups had the opportunity to do something great, and failed.

There is quite a lot of propaganda and hyperbole surrounding the SWA/F9 bid. I have been a big proponent of the SWA path, for obvious reasons. Unfortunately it did not materialize. Disappointing to say the least.

What I find almost as disappointing is the pathetic back and forth between what I hope are not actual, living, breathing professional pilots that work for F9 or SWA. Come on people. You do not know the facts. You may have been provided one side of the story, but a majority of what I have read on here regarding the "negotiations" is significantly flawed and inaccurate. As much as I wanted to partner with SWA, the proposal that was offered contained numerous fatal flaws.

What is done is done. Or in this case, not done.

Best of luck to the gents at SWA. Sincerely.

As for us at F9, I actually saw people hi-five and cheer that Republic "won". Cheering? Republic? This is like a nightmare, but when you wake up from the bad dream your reality is actually worse.

A big +1, brother.

You Sir are a true professional.

I sincerely apologize my the tone in some of my posts. I TRY to remember that at the end of the day there are husbands, dads and mortgage payers flying the jet and posting on these boards.

Thanks for the attitude adjustment,
Gup

Truly genuine and humble, sir. This type of post doesn't happen very often on FI...

CD

Latest resources

Back