Everybody lost.

StaySeated

IBT does not represent ME
Total Time
Two pilot groups had the opportunity to do something great, and failed.

There is quite a lot of propaganda and hyperbole surrounding the SWA/F9 bid. I have been a big proponent of the SWA path, for obvious reasons. Unfortunately it did not materialize. Disappointing to say the least.

What I find almost as disappointing is the pathetic back and forth between what I hope are not actual, living, breathing professional pilots that work for F9 or SWA. Come on people. You do not know the facts. You may have been provided one side of the story, but a majority of what I have read on here regarding the "negotiations" is significantly flawed and inaccurate. As much as I wanted to partner with SWA, the proposal that was offered contained numerous fatal flaws.

What is done is done. Or in this case, not done.

Best of luck to the gents at SWA. Sincerely.

As for us at F9, I actually saw people hi-five and cheer that Republic "won". Cheering? Republic? This is like a nightmare, but when you wake up from the bad dream your reality is actually worse.

motch

Total Time
7700+
We will know more in 1 year, and again in about 5 years.

Very sorry to hear this news.
Being on the bottom of SWA would probably have been better to being part of Republic.

Even a staple with fences would be better~

Oh well

GuppyWN

Total Time
You Sir are a true professional.

I sincerely apologize my the tone in some of my posts. I TRY to remember that at the end of the day there are husbands, dads and mortgage payers flying the jet and posting on these boards.

Thanks for the attitude adjustment,
Gup

Chest Rockwell

Total Time
>250
It is unfortunate that time constraints probably left both sides with little time to consider some level of compromise.

Best of luck to all.

HalinTexas

昇る太陽の土&#
Total Time
10000+
I'm sorry, what did SWA lose here?

StaySeated

Total Time
I'm sorry, what did SWA lose here?
It is over and done with , but what the heck...

Growth vs. a reduction in capacity

Denver, competitive advantage (revenue)

Denver, domicile (QOL)

Furlough protection (Craig Johnson goes from having 700 below him to having his toes hang off the edge)

$$$, well over $100 Million that was restricted cash that becomes unrestricted after exit

The list for F9 losses (for a portion of the seniority list, mid to senior FO's basically) is longer, but you asked about SWA.

Cardinal

Of The Kremlin
Total Time
K's
Two pilot groups had the opportunity to do something great, and failed.

There is quite a lot of propaganda and hyperbole surrounding the SWA/F9 bid. I have been a big proponent of the SWA path, for obvious reasons. Unfortunately it did not materialize. Disappointing to say the least.

What I find almost as disappointing is the pathetic back and forth between what I hope are not actual, living, breathing professional pilots that work for F9 or SWA. Come on people. You do not know the facts. You may have been provided one side of the story, but a majority of what I have read on here regarding the "negotiations" is significantly flawed and inaccurate. As much as I wanted to partner with SWA, the proposal that was offered contained numerous fatal flaws.

What is done is done. Or in this case, not done.

Best of luck to the gents at SWA. Sincerely.

As for us at F9, I actually saw people hi-five and cheer that Republic "won". Cheering? Republic? This is like a nightmare, but when you wake up from the bad dream your reality is actually worse.

A big +1, brother.

curtaindriver

Total Time
You Sir are a true professional.

I sincerely apologize my the tone in some of my posts. I TRY to remember that at the end of the day there are husbands, dads and mortgage payers flying the jet and posting on these boards.

Thanks for the attitude adjustment,
Gup
Truly genuine and humble, sir. This type of post doesn't happen very often on FI...

CD

Skippy

Total Time
N/a
ill go head and disagree.

if the acquisition went thru- not a merger mind you, do you honestly think that sw would have employed frontier every one --guys and girls-- look what happened to ATA. for job protection, it's better that rah got them-- at least this way they will stil be flying.

SWA would have acquired them, and phased them out for the market share, used their good gates to get into new markets- like atl, start some new denver service and sold their planes to someone else-- plain and simple.

StaySeated

Total Time
I agree with you, and SWA said exactly that during their conference call. A reporter from the USA today or WSJ asked about how many employees would be rehired and the answer was something to the effect of "obviously some of them would be offered employment after they re-interview". A majority of the company employees were going to be let go.

A small group of the F9 pilots would have benefited, but no where near enough to justify the destruction.

With that being said, RAH has a lot of potential to suck as well.

Moving on....

Last edited: