• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Everybody is hiring! Where to go now??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I passed the interview with Eagle and Ameriflight, other companies are also hiring where should I go?

I heard that with Eagle the upgrade time is 4, 8 or 11 years and there's no future to go to American. Also they don't have a local base for me so I'll have to commute.

Ameriflight sounds like a more expedited way to get the golden 1000 hours of PIC turbine but with no Jet or 121 experience.

So: company? base? aircraft? 121 or 135? where to go?

Any suggestions?

Go to Eagle.

PIC turbine is no doubt good time, but 121 time is more important if your goal is to go to a major. Don't waste time and precious seniority at AMF. AMF is a entry level job that is great when nobody else is hiring. The place is good to stay a year tops, if you can get a commuter job you are better off, trust me.

How would you get around the requirement of xxxxPIC time at the major that you would apply to? I know of guys who are stuck at a regional because they have no PIC time and can't upgrade to get it. I think that you are assuming that the hiring will continue for a while as you wait your turn to upgrade at a regional. If the hiring stops then you are stuck there with no PIC and no ability to upgrade. I reccomend getting some PIC turbine plus it will make you a better pilot then someone who sits right seat for a regional.

I agree...some majors wont even let you start the app without so much Turb PIC...It would be wise to put yourself in a rather easy position to get it.

Latest resources

Back