Everybody is hiring! Where to go now??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fever

I passed the interview with Eagle and Ameriflight, other companies are also hiring where should I go?

I heard that with Eagle the upgrade time is 4, 8 or 11 years and there's no future to go to American. Also they don't have a local base for me so I'll have to commute.

Ameriflight sounds like a more expedited way to get the golden 1000 hours of PIC turbine but with no Jet or 121 experience.

So: company? base? aircraft? 121 or 135? where to go?

Any suggestions?

Having never worked for Eagle I couldn't tell you the good or bad about them. Ameriflight on the other hand I did work for. I was there for 5 years started in the PA-32 and finished in the SA-227 and BE-1900.

I have many more opportunities opened to me because of my turbine pic time, Training Captain and Check Airman. Ameriflight is not for everyone but you can open a lot of doors early in your career.

Good luck.

T

AMF for sure...upgrades right now are going quick out of the PA-32.
I will warn you...the training is much more involved than a regional, study every night and forget that GPS and Autopilot ever existed. If you can make it at Amflight you can make it anywhere as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:
AMF for sure...upgrades right now are going quick out of the PA-32.
I will warn you...the training is much more involved than a regional, study every night and forget that GPS and Autopilot ever existed. If you can make it at Amflight you can make it anywhere as far as I am concerned.

I was at Mesaba and Ameriflight, the training at AMF is a joke.

As to the original question, I got zero opportunities from flying right seat in a SAAB and several opportunities from flying single pilot, IFR in a metro at night.

Don't pass up a job at a regional for amf. You will regret it. Amf is fine if the airlines are not hiring, but if you can get on somewhere like skywest you are much better off. I spent 2 years at amf before going to skywest and people with the same amount of flight time had two huge years of seniority over me.
It is extremely rare to go from AMF to a major airline, I can think of 3 people that have done it, and one was Chris Orr, the former ACP.

Don't pass up a job at a regional for amf. You will regret it. Amf is fine if the airlines are not hiring, but if you can get on somewhere like skywest you are much better off. I spent 2 years at amf before going to skywest and people with the same amount of flight time had two huge years of seniority over me.
It is extremely rare to go from AMF to a major airline, I can think of 3 people that have done it, and one was Chris Orr, the former ACP.

Yes because turbine SIC is so valuable...

Yes because turbine SIC is so valuable...

PIC turbine is no doubt good time, but 121 time is more important if your goal is to go to a major. Don't waste time and precious seniority at AMF. AMF is a entry level job that is great when nobody else is hiring. The place is good to stay a year tops, if you can get a commuter job you are better off, trust me.

Latest resources

Back