Everybody Be Careful!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Originally posted by coolwhip
What if you post things you believe in, would back up and sign, and still you lose your job opportunity?

Then it's time to get out the kneepads and start smoking johnson with the rest of us...

jmac77,

I've asked before and didn't feel I got a direct answer. Here goes again. Are there any statements below that you are willing to sign your name to and stand by them. If they are taken out of context, feel free to fill in the context.

[10 May 2002] regional airlines...I wonder how "RJ" ever became a term for these planes. They can fly like 2,000 NM. Also, all the regionals are flying their people overtime while the rest sit on furlough, especially at CoEx. Cheap, cheap bastards...Just a bunch of slave drivers..."

[Sep 12, 2002] From a labor standpoint, after 9/11 I no longer really care to work for the airlines, especially the regionals. Sounds like a cutthroat battle day to day. Just not worth making the enemies. Life is too short and I like flying far too much just get pissed every day at work about contracts and scope and whipsawing, etc...Yeah, maybe EJA and FlexJet, etc, are not the answers we're looking for, but from what I've heard it beats the crap out of herding around Mom and her nine screaming children, not to mention their 42 bags. Oh yeah, no lines at security and unknown people shaving beards in the bathrooms."

The things that get my attention include your assertion that ALL the regionals are flying their people overtime while the rest sit on furlough....cheap bastards...Just a bunch of slave drivers. How many SkyWest pilots are on furlough?

What did you mean that you no longer really care to work for the airlines, especially the regionals? You characterized part of the environment as whipsawing. We have certainly heard that term used among the DCI carriers. Why is SkyWest now so attractive to you? Is whipsawing no longer a concern?

How do you intend to deal with Mom and her nine sceaming children at SkyWest?

The sense of what I have hear from you this past year is that when things are going well (job offer at SkyWest, recent marriage, etc.) you are a peach of a guy. However, when things go awry, then you make some pretty serious statements about regionals and the industry in general.

Things don't always go well at SkyWest. I would prefer to work with folks who drive through the hard times. That is a BIG factor on why SkyWest is as successful as it is.

You have done some serious backpedalling indicating your comments were made in the heat of the moment or were taken out of context. What you have not done is taken responsibility for them and admitted your errors.

With your dad having flown for NWA, I am sure he has been a serious influence in your feelings about the role that regionals play in the industry. SkyWest feels very secure in its part of the process and would like employees who feel the same.

I believe you will do well in your interviews with other carriers. No doubt, they will be more geographically convenient and union oriented. I believe you will go on to enjoy a fine career in aviation. I think much of that will come as you mature and learn the use of tact over bluster.

I'm available

Andy,

I'm available Dec 4th and any other time Skywest needs me. Can I have JMAC's slot? The only inconvenience I have in my life is the strain I get in my neck as I look up to see an airplane flying overhead that I wish I was flying!!! Still working on those LOR's.

Bulldog

Thanks

I appreciate the positive sentiment. I'm sure I will be there in due course. Patiently proactive.

Bulldog

Jmac77-

First off, I in no way was trying to bash you. I was only making an observation. To me, your posts always seem to have a negative slant to them ("crappy holiday schedule", "screwing up the holidays") Maybe I am reading more into them that is actually there - I dunno?? Some people might have the attitude that the holidays are scewing up their GROUNDSCHOOL schedule.

You said in your last post that airline employment is all about inconvenience - umm ok. You just keep flying those primary students around while I go to my oh so inconvenient airline job - flying a SkyWest RJ. :D WOOOOOT!!!

Attitude is everything in this business, just ask Bulldog. I'm sure it won't be long until I see him here at SkyWest.

CRJDriver, SkyWest Lifer :p

OK

CRJDriver-

I think my and your comments back and forth are a perfect example of how things get skewed on this site. I thought you were bashing me, you think that holidays are the ever-important things to me. Let's put this all to rest already.

I'm sure life there at SkyWest is great. Maybe it just wasn't my time. Maybe it'll never be. I don't know. I fess up to the comments and in no way deny the feelings behind them. The words get taken a bit screwy, but that's the limitation of elecontronic communication.

Anyway, have at it with the CRJ. I'll sit down here in my Seminole and enjoy the time I've got. Things have a funny way of working out. I'm sure they will for all of us. Take care...

Gotta admit I have a soft spot in my heart for the Seminole. Had a lot of good times building hours in a pa-44, so I guess you're not too bad off. :p

Seriously though, good luck in the future. Just try to tone it down a bit. Life at the regionals isn't as bad as people make it out to be. They're not all slave drivers. ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back