Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Golden Age of Airlines

AZaviator said:
If you really want to start over, maybe you should just go back to November 12, 1955 . . . .
Excellent idea!! Just think of all the wonderful classic equipment to fly. To name a few: Connies, DC-3s, 6Bs, 7s, Martin 4-0-4s, CV-240s, etc. I don't think any American flag carriers were still flying Boeing 377 Stratocruisers then. Build up enough seniority to be among the first to fly 707s, DC-8s, CV-880s, etc. (I realize you can still fly 8s for freight, etc.).

Classic airlines: TWA, Pan Am, National (I don't think I would have liked working for Ted Baker - an early-day Lorenzo), the original Frontier, original Continental.

Maybe I can install the flux capacitor in our Pontiac???

Unless you use your name, how would anyone ever know who you are? Especially someone you have never met before. The only way would be if someone on this board has access and was on the take to give up information to a HR person at an airline. That is quite a stretch. One would have to question, why the scare tactics? I think freedom of speech is battered enough!

Well that stinks, but one would still have to go pretty far in order to bring that kind of attention to oneself. Even then, I think you would be aware of the lawsuit against you from company X prior to going for your interview. A company, even given the worst big brother scenerio (so far) cant just subpena this information just in case they want to interview you. Think about the logistics involved, they would have to monitor the boards, note every comment aimed in their direction. Keep this information on file, and then check it against everybody showing up for an interview. There is no way anyone is getting subpenas by the dozens, claiming defaming, and then just holding this information. Again this would only be possible with an inside source on the payroll. That would be one heck of a risk for all involved just for the sake of not hireing someone who once said the did not like airline x.

Orignally posted by Flychicaga:
I wonder how many potential jobs my big mouth has caused me to get passed by for.

Oh, you don't know how that one got me laughing! :D

First, do a search for your name by clicking the "search" button at the top right of the screen. Enter your screen name in the Author search section on the top right of that screen and execute the search.

That will bring up each thread on which you have posted. Click on the thread and find your post(s). On each of your posts click the edit icon in the lower right hand portion of your post. On the edit screen, click the Delete Post button at the top of the page. Repeat 800+ times for all your posts.

I would imagine that if you ask the administrator nicely, he would be willing to delete your posts with much less effort.

The method I try to follow is to never say anything that I am not willing to back up and sign my name to it. It seems to work so far.

Andy Neill said:
...The method I try to follow is to never say anything that I am not willing to back up and sign my name to it. It seems to work so far. [/B]

What if you post things you believe in, would back up and sign, and still you lose your job opportunity?

coolwhip said:
What if you post things you believe in, would back up and sign, and still you lose your job opportunity?

Then, as others have suggested, it's not a job worth having.

coolwhip-

If the things you posted (you/jmac77-whatever) were really what you believed in, I would have to say you wouldn't have been happy at Skywest anyway.
I read most (if not all) of jmac77s posts. Most people would be thrilled to death to be offered a job at Skywest (or any other good regional). Where most people see a great opportunity, jmac77 just saw more "incoveniences" enter his life.

Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to get where you want to go. I know going through ground school during the holiday season can be rough and the new hire pay isn't great, but what do you expect? We have all had to make sacrifices in this business. Sitting reserve on Christmas, having Thanksgiving dinner in an airport cafeteria (DFW Delta cafeteria actually whips up a good turkey dinner :D), sitting all alone in an empty crash pad on New Years Eve waiting to be called out on reserve.

The thing is, I would do it all over again. I made the sacrifices and it all payed off. Not trying to put you down or anything, but some people aren't cut out for the airline lifestyle. If you're complaining about the ground school schedule just wait till you don't get your first choice of domiciles and you're on reserve and you see TDY on your schedule ("what does this TDY thingy on my schedule mean? WHAT, I've got to go WHERE???"). Ya either love it or hate it. :p

alright already...

Let's try this again...

CRJDriver - I grew up in an airline family, so I am WELL AWARE OF THE INCONVENIENCES. Too bad that sarcasm cannot be heard through e-mail. If I had spoken this to you, I'm not sure you'd have the same opinion. It is for this very reason that people should not take this site so literally. My lord.

Airline employment is all about inconvenience. We carry people to their loved ones on the holidays. I ACCEPT THAT. God forbid I point that out. I was just stating a fact. Nothing I said wasn't true. I don't like to lie much, as I'm lousy at it. I was thrilled to have this job opportunity - as would anyone, I believe - even if it meant screwing up the holiday schedule. It WAS inconvenient, was it not? I knew that coming in, however, when I accepted an Oct 29th interview and a December 4th class date. Do you think I was not aware of the crappy holiday schedule? It's part of life. Please don't sit here and tell me that life is peachy with EVERYONE that you know because of your schedule. To tell me that is simply blowing sunshine...

...Nonetheless, to judge me on my dedication, happiness, and perceived lack of motivation based on some Internet site and not on personal contact (seems the interviewers liked me, as I could be MYSELF in front of all three of them) is, I think, a little premature. I would have moved mountains to make this job work. Yeah, it would have been inconvenient, but that's life in this industry. Fact sits that I won't get this chance now because "I wouldn't have been happy at SkyWest anyway."

I guess I'm just naive enough to think that people would look past this site. Sorry I was wrong...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back