Evergreen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dispatcher121 said:
PLZ explain. I'm a former EZ'er and I've never heard THAT one!

Back in '89 2 or 3 727 (spook crews) were abducted in Panama. US special forces stumbled on them and rescued them. The US forces during the invation had no idea that there were missing Americans because Evergreen never notified them.

When the crews asked for compensation for there wallets, watches and personal effects that stolen Dell told them that he was not responsible because they were in a war zone afterall.

That is story as I know it. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
G100driver said:
Back in '91 2 or 3 727 (spook crews) were abducted in Panama. US special forces stumbled on them and rescued them. The US forces during the invation had no idea that there were missing Americans because Evergreen never notified them.

When the crews asked for compensation for there wallets, watches and personal effects that stolen Dell told them that he was not responsible because they were in a war zone afterall.

I was a zoner and I never heard this one either.

It is very difficult to tell fact from fiction at the zone. I do know that my classmates (spring of 99) are just now upgrading. I believe they have all been furloughed atleast twice.

G100driver said:
Back in '91 2 or 3 727 (spook crews) were abducted in Panama. US special forces stumbled on them and rescued them. The US forces during the invation had no idea that there were missing Americans because Evergreen never notified them.

Just Cause was in December '89. I don't recall any crews rescued. I do remember a little bird rescue of some personel that were conducting radio operations.

all this crap!!! It was just a post on 400's. Again.....this is a new Everzone....not the same place it was two years ago! If i'm wrong and I get furloughed...please shot me.

I don't want to be too pessimistic, but can you really teach an old dog new tricks?

Additionally I know a number of PFE's over at the zone that would be negatively affected by the -400's.

Very educational

I've learned something thanks to this thread.

So, here's another off the wall question: Why is it called "the zone"?

:cool:

I wouldn't worry too much about the FE's. Del will run the classics until they run totally out of time and then run them as fire bombers. Plus Marana is full of classics he can buy, beg, borrow, etc.

That is good about the 400's. Are they the Boeing modded aircraft with extra large cargo compartments? I thought those would be run under 125, so all the over 60 guys could fly them?

Latest resources

Back