Evergreen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok question for all guys who flame Evergreen's payscales

Why are you so down on EVIA pay? Seems to me it is better than Kallitta, Tradewinds, Southern Air, and Focus?

I see right now it is $53 an hour with a 65 hour guar. $2 perdiem. No crashpad needed etc. I also hear that the Union at EVIA wants a 38% pay increase, of course that probably will not happen. I do know that they want to reduce the 30 year payscale down to a 15 year or so.

Just looking at the pay scales myself, you are ok with a 10 year 747 Capt making 90K a year? Oh yeah, plus per diem. I guess maybe it beats Kalitta, if that is saying anything. I hope they get the 38% increase, it is much needed. The work you pretty hard over there...

niteflyr said:
Just looking at the pay scales myself, you are ok with a 10 year 747 Capt making 90K a year? Oh yeah, plus per diem. I guess maybe it beats Kalitta, if that is saying anything. I hope they get the 38% increase, it is much needed. The work you pretty hard over there...

I am furloughed from a Legacy and don't plan on sticking around that long, I will have to bypass my recall and I go back at 90K a year so I really do not think EVIA is the place for me. I can fly the 747-400 in the future anyway. (If UAL keeps them)

But Kalitta is 40 bucks and hour with a 60 hour guar. I guess I am numb to the low pay that the supplementals have, you see with United on my resume it is hard to get a cushy "Netjet" gig. Just the way it is, I am not bitter about that.

Not bashing anyone by any means, hope it didn't come across that way. If you are looking for a temporary gig then I think EIA beats any of the others in the same grouping. Definitely an adventure for a while, and a lot of good guys over there. Are they cool with furloughees keeping their # when they start? I guess that is why you were saying you were not able to get the "cushy netjet gig?" (Not so sure about the cushy part, but an ok gig for me.)

niteflyr said:
Not bashing anyone by any means, hope it didn't come across that way. If you are looking for a temporary gig then I think EIA beats any of the others in the same grouping. Definitely an adventure for a while, and a lot of good guys over there. Are they cool with furloughees keeping their # when they start? I guess that is why you were saying you were not able to get the "cushy netjet gig?" (Not so sure about the cushy part, but an ok gig for me.)

Nope don't have to resign, but they want a 24 month handshake, and I am a man of my word so I need to think it over, I have a UAL recall in my pocket. It is tough on some of us with the Legacy "diploma" on the resume, many companies will not touch ya. Of course if a company would pay a decent wage they wouldn't have to worry about anyone leaving...kinda novel idea huh?

I know you were not bashing, but most people on these boards like to drop pipe bombs and have no idea what the reality is really like for some of us. I think EVIA has a pretty good QOL compared some of the others but that is not saying much. Too many pilots on the street willing to do the job for peanuts...but I digress.

Latest resources

Back