Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ever get Turned or Slowed for The "Love Machine"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I have a worse story than all of you, so there!

Flying the BE-1900 going into BGR late one night, 20 miles out approach informs us we will be following a heavy MD-11 (World Airways) that is at our 8 o'clock position and 20 miles. Yes folks, we were following the MD-11 that was BEHIND US BY 20 MILES. At 15 miles out they slowed us to 'slowest practical speed' as we were faster by 40 knots. At ten miles we were given about ten miuntes of delay vectors so the heavy could get in front of us. Then on final we were given the 'caution wake turbulence" warning. Yeah, thanks buddy, we could have been in the hotel by the time that guy landed if you had just let us go in.

What are you talking about? SWA gates are by the 26 runways. SO fast get out for RW 26. Your buddy said the rare East RW 8 departure. Please read before for open your trap.

I am thinking your are not very able ableone :)

PS both 26 runways are west runways . I am assuming your not a pilot.

Controller:" ***** 3142, turn right heading 180, you're being overtaken by a SWA flight"

Me" We're below 10,000 feet doing 250. How fast is he going?"

silence....

Controller" Ummm..****3142, Roger. Continue heading 090.

Classic.

Really? That was you?

Urban legend.

I've read that same story on this website many times.

Did you also tell ATC that the boards are for "your mistakes, not their's"

:cool:

Then people have ripped me off. It happened. I was there. I stand by my recollection. The only thing "fabricated" was the flight number. Can't remember that. I do know the city pairings, however. Just trying not to divulge all the goodies. Savin' it for the honeymoon. Peace out.

slaquer5 said:
What are you talking about? SWA gates are by the 26 runways. SO fast get out for RW 26. Your buddy said the rare East RW 8 departure. Please read before for open your trap.

I am thinking your are not very able ableone

Please explain what "SO fast get out for RW26." means.

Slaquer5 not like type on keyboard?

PS both 26 runways are west runways . I am assuming your not a pilot.

So in your world when the controller says the winds are out of the west, 26 L and R in use, and he asks if you want the Left/Right runway or the north/south runway you say; "We'll take the west runway?"

Be careful on that RNP/SAAAR stuff, you might be in over your head. :) old school.

Last edited:
I think you need to go up and reread his post. He said he was taking off of the 8s my bitter little buddy. Have a nice day. :)

This is ridiculous. At one time or another every airline has been turned or slowed for some other airline. It happens. I know that SWA airplanes have been turned or slowed to accomodate some other airline. If it's going to be a tie though, the nod will usually go to SWA because they get it done quicker whereas some of the RJs are required by their FOM to be fully configured at the marker and other guys just love telling contollers "unable", so controllers finally quit even asking and make their own decision. Everyone remembers when they got turned or slowed due to SWA or by some other airline but no one remembers when they were sometimes the winner and the other guy got slowed or turned and sometimes the other guy was even a SWA airplane.

Latest resources

Back